Text messages on the iPhone not showing on my bill
samilyn

When I check my usage it doesn't show text messages I've sent from my iPhone 5 to other iPhones. Why is this and is there a way to get them?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text messages on the iPhone not showing on my bill
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't believe they show up if you are sending/receiving iMessages.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Samilyn, I'm apart of an iPhone user family too. This a good question. The iPhone device has the "iMessaging" feature. When sending text messages from one iPhone to another, you are using the Apple Network. As a result, this text messaging usage is not debited from your allowance and will not reflect in your text messaging details online at My Verizon.

You have the option of disabling your iMessaging feature which which will default your text messages to be sent in in "SMS" format. This will allow your text messaging usage details to reflect online at My Verizon since your text messaging feature will be using the Verizon Wireless network. You may disable your iMessaging feature by following these steps: Settings>Messaging>Tap OFF for iMessage. I hope this explaination is helpful to you. ^LH

0 Likes
socalgigi123
Enthusiast - Level 1

that is really messed up , if verizon doesnt fix this I will no longer have them as my carrier and also they dont have the dates or times right on any of the bills

EpJayhawks12
Contributor - Level 1

There is nothing to fix... iMessages goes through the data network and doesn't use Verizons text feature, turn off iMessage in the phone and they will show up on your records. Its the same as sending an email (best way I can describe it)

0 Likes