Text messages date stamp different on iPhone vs myverizon.com records
Luccamama

When I log into myverizon.com and view my data/message usage, I notice that pictures/videos are time stamped differently then what actually happened and is on my iPhone. The pictures/videos were sent/received exactly 3 hours prior to what is stated on myverizon.com. This has happened previously and I have never kept track. What is going on here? I have come to discover that my boyfriend thinks that I am cheating on him when he views our account online and thinks I am deleting messages and all because of this! Can someone explain this to me please?????

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text messages date stamp different on iPhone vs myverizon.com records
deloused
Master - Level 3

It's likely due to your picture messages being processed thru a mms server that's physically located in a different time zone than where you were at the time the message was received. What state are you in when this occurs? Does it happen with texts & voicemails also? What is your area code?

0 Likes
Luccamama

Both sender and receiver are in California in 510 area code. The texts that were sent within seconds of the time are correct but the images are not. Voicemails are correct.

0 Likes
Luccamama

Actually, now that I'm looking closer at the pictures/videos that are listed on myverizon.com, it has that I have received several images that I have not on my iPhone from other people that I have received only texts from.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Yeah it seems then since it only occurred with picture messages and since it's an exact 3 hour difference instead then they were likely processed thru the mms server in New Jersey if the time is 3 hours forward. Those servers are very centralized, and shared throughout the country, but I'm not sure what time they intend to shown in the online log. Perhaps their web team could look into it to see if that's the way it was setup or if they can adjust it.

With messaging there's 2 common types- SMS (short) or MMS (multimedia). Texts that contain less than 160 characters use SMS, and show up in the text messaging category. Texts that are longer and contain more than 160 characters, or emojis, or a photo or video or file use MMS and show up in the picture messaging category.

0 Likes
Luccamama

Thanks, that all makes sense though frustrating that a large company like Verizon can't manage this precisely. Or anyone in QA doesn't think this is a problem. I'm currently working on a small app that lists live incidents down to the second and from servers all over the country. Thanks for your help though, I'll try the web dev team.

0 Likes