SCAM Bait and Switch
MM70
Enthusiast - Level 1

Me and my family have been with VZ for 20+ years and WAS pretty impressed with the trade in deal for IPhone 7 ($400) over the holiday.  We were not going to go with the new 11 but this offer made it an easy choice.  HOWEVER, when the assessment came back they offered me $44.50 for my fully operational phone.  From what I can tell there is no recourse for this.  Never thought of this being the case with a big corporation like VZ.  This practice is pretty common now that I am looking back at these community posts.  No way to get anyone on the phone (how ironic) to figure out a proper solution.  Classic bait and switch from a company that can't be bothered to give the slightest regard for customer service. I will be going out of my way to tell all who will listen that VZ is disreputable at best and more likely intentionally swindling their customers with little to no recourse. As soon as it makes sence for us to move they will loose their $230/mo client.

Labels (1)
Re: SCAM Bait and Switch
Dgitterman36
Enthusiast - Level 1

When did you hear back from Verizon?  I'm also a long term customer who also sent in an iPhone 7 (and mine was in pretty much perfect condition and working well).   However although I sent it in two and a half weeks ago and they acknowledge receipt since 12 days ago (according to ups tracking received it over two weeks ago) trade in status just says "request submitted". And when I spoke to customer service a couple days ago  I was told they are very busy and haven't had time to evaluate my phone yet but for sure would do so by end of week.  Just checked again and nothing has changed about status and no email from Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: SCAM Bait and Switch
MM70
Enthusiast - Level 1

They got back to me declining their deal about a week after VZ recieved my phone.  I took to social media and this "community" to see if anything would be resolved but got the run around - As expected.

Re: Deceptive Bait and Switch
bumbalickafunba
Enthusiast - Level 1

100%  agree that Verizon is disreputable and dishonest and doesn't care about its customers.  I have spoken with 6 customer reps over the past 3 months about a "bait-and-switch" Pixel watch promotion the Verizon reseller assured me was "completely FREE." Bald-faced lie. You get charged for the devices and a line fee (2 watches) to the tune of an additional $50 a month!  (For watches that are sill in their original box.) A Verizon rep. assured me the charges would be refunded and the lines would be removed from my account, and this would show up on my next bill, but this never happened. On subsequent calls to Verizon the reps. perpetuated this lie and said, "oh yeah, you need to return the watches and we'll send you a pre-paid box." The box never came. On a follow-on call, the rep said, "oh no -- it's too late to send them to Verizon, you have to return them to the store ." So I kept her on the line while I drove to the store and the store rep. said no, we're not taking them back. Was then transferred to another guy who read the call notes of the first call (where I was promised lines would be removed + charges refunded) and he said, "there's nothing in here about that. He had no authority to make that agreement." So your reps are just out there making promises that won't be kept? Then he says that Verizon will review all the calls and he will call me back "tomorrow." Well of course that NEVER happened. I said the reseller lied to me, Verizon promised to make me whole, they repeatedly said they would send a box to send the watches back, now you tell me that's not possible, why can't you just credit me the charges (under $250) and remove the lines without getting the unused watches? "Oh no, we can't do that." So they don't want to write off $250 to keep a 14-year and potential lifetime customer? What kind of bozo is running this company?

0 Likes