Re: Why is my phone's mobile hotspot disconnecting so often?
dvalbu

I am having this same issue. I have an iPhone XR and I’ve been using it for hotspot for over a year.

Over the past month or so, I’ve been having this issues. I’ve tried connecting to my Dell laptop and HP work desktop. The issue has happened with both but I mainly use the hotspot for my laptop.

What I see is that the laptop looses internet and when I look at my phone i see that the phone stopped providing the hotspot. What I need to do every time i have this issue is to reset my hotspot on my phone and reconnect on my laptop. It also happens when I connect the hotspot through the cable. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure that you can stay connected is a top priority. Have you checked your mobile Hotspot usage? Most plans have 15 GB build in before speeds are reduced. Where are you located (intersection, zip code)? How is the data working on your mobile device itself?

GinaU_VZW

0 Likes
Astvn

I am having this same issue except I have a galaxy s20. I started my plan in August and service was great. I reached the cap for my hotspot in January and speeds reduced so I started having this issue. Understandable due to the limit. However, I have continued to have this problem for the following few months. I have not exceeded the allowance in either of these 2 months. The issue happens no matter where I am (ie. Home, work, in town, in a major city). The zip code for my area is 77511. The only reason I switched to Verizon was for the hotspot. This has made me seriously reconsider that decision.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never like to hear that you're having issues with your service. What device are you connecting to your hotspot? Is this happening on more than one device?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes