Problems with the app store
beadsway

I keep trying to download the app to get my contacts, get a message that I haven' t purchased anything from itunes before, need to set my location, etc.... and get timed out.  Now what?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problems with the app store
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi beadsway,

I am sorry you are having difficulties downloading an app on your iPhone, but have no fear help is here! When attempting to download an app are you connected to wifi or the Verizon mobile network? Have you tried to set up your Apple Id from a computer and then just sign to your phone? Provided below is a link to the Apple web site with additional instructions on setting up your Apple Id: https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyAppleId.woa/

Thank you,

GeorgeP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Problems with the app store
beadsway

Wow, that was so long ago I totally forgot about the problem.  But here is how I solved it: I logged on to Apple.com on my pc.  Here's the deal; my phone prompted me to set up an account, but only a username and password.  No payment method.  And every time I tried to download an app - and a free one at that - I would be directed to the apple site and then "timed out."  NOT directed to give a credit card number or gift card, just timed out.  But when I logged on via my pc, the first thing I was prompted for was a payment method.  Poof, problem solved.  I would suggest that folks getting an iphone who don't already have an itunes account just set that up prior to activating the phone.

0 Likes