Not receiving verification code
Kbuckius

I have a iPhone XR and have had since November 23. It was pre-owned but in good condition. I have been trying to get my Verizon to send a verification code but my phone will not receive it. I have nothing in my blocked list. I have been on the phone many times with Verizon and apple customer support. They can not figure out why I am not receiving them. What more can I do to try and see why I am not receiving them. I really would like to receive them since I got this phone and have always used apple iPhones on past. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving verification code
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Kbuckius. We are very sorry to hear about any issues that have come up with receiving verification codes on your iPhone XR device. We certainly want to assist with this in every way that we can as we understand how important this is to get resolved. So that we are updated, what is the reason at this time you are in need of receiving a verification code from Verizon Wireless? When did this issue first begin where your iPhone XR has not been able to receive verification codes? -Brett

0 Likes
Kbuckius

When I go to sign to sign into my Verizon app it tells me it’s sending me a verification code. I can’t get any further because it doesn’t ever show up on my text messages. I have no blocked numbers anymore. I have tried everything to figure out what’s wrong and why it won’t send it to my phone number. I have had this problem since I got the phone back in November and tried many different things. I have reset my phone three times. Talked with Verizon techs and apple techs but still no one can tell me why I’m not getting the verification code. I have never had this problem and this is the fifth apple product I have had. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kbuckius, it sounds like you have been dealing with this for quite sometime and we are truly sorry to hear this. Having access to your account is always important. Have you attempted the second option of having a message sent to the email address listed on the account? Is there any chance that you are currently located out of the United States?? If so, there are international security protocols in place that may affect this message. -LorenB If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kbuckius

Thank you I finally figured out the problem. Because when I signed up and had my kids both on accounts for kids mine went into the smart family plan which was $30 and blocked me from having it so I could use my iPhone like normal. Once I upgraded to a new plan the voicemail started working like a normal iPhone would show the numbers instead of dialing my voicemail each time and I could receive my verification codes. Thank you so much for trying to help. I never thought that the plan I was on would interrupt it. I live only in the United States. I now have bumped both my kids up off the kids plan because when I bumped mine up I took myself off the smart family plan thanks again. 

0 Likes