New Activation of iPhone 4S..Finally up and running in NJ!!!
Sueze29

:smileyvery-happy:   Hi All!  I just got off the phone with Tech Support, who kept their word and called back as promised!  In order to activate the phone we had to connect through iTunes, which you will need to connect your phone to your computer.  You will need to go into your Settings, on your iPhone, go into the General tab, then go into, Reset and choose erase all content and settings.  After that you will need to power phone off, then restart,.  You will need to establish a wi-fi connection and re-enter all information as a new phone.  Once you get wi-fi connected, you will need to connect to itunes and and from itunes you should be able to get a prompt from iTunes, and establish a connection to begin activation.  These were the steps I followed with Verizon Tech Support and all is working fine.  Good luck to all.  Seems like the only way to get up and running is through Apple's iTunes.  Still no 4G in NJ, yet.  Baby steps!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Activation of iPhone 4S..Finally up and running in NJ!!!
courtniemarie

Thank you for updating.  I don't have access to my iTunes right now but will try this when I get home.  Fingers crossed this works for me, too! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
ayphoto

Just tried this and it didn't work for me. I'm in NJ too. Guess I'll wait for that call back from Tech Support! I called in around 8:30pm last night.

0 Likes
ltorsello

I am in Northern NJ and I still can't activate my new iphone 4S

0 Likes
Sueze29

Originally when I called Tech support again for the second time at 8:00 this morning, they had me try iTunes and we could not connect.  When I got my courtesy call back a little after 10:00, with still no service, I attempted the same steps I outlined above, and it worked.  It seems like Itunes is the key, becaue both times I was asked to sign in and connect.  Make sure when you are connecting to iTunes that you do not do so until you have established a wi-fi connection on your phone and you have erased all settings on the phone.  Good Luck. 

If you do not have service soon, I would call again. It seems like they have no solid idea why some people can activate and others cannot!  I did talk with Apple today and they were unaware of any Verizon iPhone 4S issues, or so they claimed

0 Likes
ltorsello

I tried it last night at around midnight and again around 10:00 this morning.  Both times reseting and erasing the phone and both times threw itunes.  Still have "no service"  in the upper left hand corner and still can not activate.  I hope they fix this soon as I can't switch back to my 4g phone and now I'm stuck with no cellphone.

0 Likes
Sueze29

The only success that I have read about and heard from Verizon Techs is to go through iTunes and to reset phone in General Settings.  A few posts have been successful and mine was too, after several attempts!  Keep at it.  I know it sucks!  I do believe you need a wi-fi connection established on your phone too, so check that as well!  Good Luck!

0 Likes
Sueze29

The only success that I have read about and heard from Verizon Techs is to go through iTunes and to reset phone in General Settings.  A few posts have been successful and mine was too, after several attempts!  Keep at it.  I know it sucks!  I do believe you need a wi-fi connection established on your phone too, so check that as well!  Good Luck!

0 Likes