Network Connection not working anymore
FrustratedUser123
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just like everyone else, since these new iOS updates, my signal is now gone and my phone is basically a brick while I'm at a particular location (my desk at work).  The signal has always been a little weak, but now I cant get text messages, emails, or ANYTHING!  Poor iphone6 is a brick.  Just like everyone else, I've done updates and resets.  And I can be standing outside, looking at the tower, and still not have LTE showing up until I switch into airplane mode and back again (and cross my fingers).

zip code:  30063, 30068

So, Verizon, do we have enough people complaining yet to get this fixed?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network Connection not working anymore
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FrustratedUSer123

This is not normal at all!  We have you covered. Marietta, Ga area is fine. Have you tried turning off phone and taking out SIM and reseating it? Under Settings, Cellular, enable LTE do you have it on Data Only? Under Settings, Cellular, do you have your apps turned off Igrey) so they only function on WiFi?  Let's see if that handles the problem.

LauraD_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
FrustratedUser123
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope!  None working!  I've re-seated the SIM, double checked that LTE is set to Data Only, and I have the apps I'd like to have access via cellular all set accordingly.  I've only got 2 little bars of "1x", and my phone is absolutely worthless.

Prior to the most recent iOS updates, I would routinely watch my iphone6 have a few bars of 3G while sitting at my desk to load a few emails (albeit slowly), could receive/send calls, and definitely received texts.  Now, I can send nothing, receive nothing, and the worst part is that the texts down even show up later!  They're received by my imac or ipad (at home) and never show up in my phone.

Lastly, when I step outside the building, in broad daylight, there is still terrible reception.  where I routinely received LTE with full bars, now I get 3G...until I cycle the connection by switching it into airplane mode.  Magically, I still managed to blow my data plan this month too!  How does that even happen?!  Is it burning through all the data searching desperately for some service to send my text to?!

SO FRUSTRATING!  My AT&T work-issued iphone5S has plenty of signal strength at reasonable speeds.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the information. When did this issue begin? What software version are you currently running? Are you running any type of iOS 9 beta on the device?  The most recent software version occured June 30th. ( 8.4 )

The reason that I do inquire to when this began to occur is due seasonal foilage and the possible degradation that can occur. If service was degraded indoors previously, seasonal foilage can cause increased degradation. Any other Verizon Wireless users in the building?
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
FrustratedUser123
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem began approximately a month ago, it may/may not have coincided with my update to iOS 8.4.

iOS 8.4 (12H143), Verizon 20.0

Not running any iOS 9 betas (but i'll happily try them if this will fix my issue)

Frankly, I live in Georgia.  The trees bloom out in March, and fall is in November.  We have an excessively long period of time with full foliage, and if anything, we're diminishing this biomass right now due to dry weather (bordering on drought).  Why would this suddenly change (along with everyone else's signal deteriorating around the US markets, as is evident by the number of posts in these forums dedicated to this issue)?

As for other Verizon users in my building, we have a new club of people that stand outside of our building to send text messages on a routine basis.  Of course, we're all on Verizon and are desperate to just keep our lives going while we're sequestered into our newly formed black hole of signal.

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to ensure you are getting the best signal possible FrustratedUser123. We all rely so much on our phones these days. There are a lot of factors that can influence the signal on your phone. Building penetration, line of sight, foliage, construction, and terrain are just a few things that can cause your signal to fluctuate. Has your employer looked into a network extender for the building? This will act as a mini tower in the office to enhance the cell phone signal on your device. Click here to learn more about this device: http://vz.to/1IHk6GG.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
FrustratedUser123
Enthusiast - Level 2

My employer is a major defense contractor, and has strict rules regarding signal boosters and network extenders.  They have already placed extenders for the AT&T Network, which has no problems on anyones personal or work-issued handsets.

So, those of us who choose to use verizon for our personal phone service are out of luck!  I'll be sure to pass the word to the group of us who have become friends while we all stand outside our office doors to get 3 sad little bars of 3g service...where we used to have 4 bars of LTE.  We HAD reasonable service and signal (although, not great indoors but usable...likely due to building construction), and now that a change has been made by you to your network, we have NO reasonable service.

Such a complete bummer, since this is the service I trust the most while I am outdoors in the great wild where nobody else gets reception...which I havent checked lately and am seriously doubting given the issues with "building penetration, line of sight, foliage, construction, and terrain".  I would be quite displeased to find that the mountains I'm hiking are causing new problems...since they certainly havent changed...yet the service coverage has.

0 Likes