Need more ring time
hawk4

I used to be able to do this myself on AT&T with the secret codes you mentioned.  When I switched to Verizon a couple years ago, I had to place a call to customer service to get this accomplished.

I just got a new phone brand with Verizon and called *611 and was finally placed with something claiming to be a real Agent.  Quote "It is not possible for us to change the ring time or the number of rings on the Verizon Wireless cellular service, nor has it ever been an option."

You are mistaken about the changing of the number of rings and the amount of time before a call goes to voicemail on the Verizon Wireless service. If there is something else we can help with, we would be happy to.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Need more ring time
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You always deserve the highest level of support and I am sorry for the experience once more. I am on my 16th year with the company and I can confirm that years ago we were able to change the ring time as you remember as well. Due to platform upgrades in the voicemail system, adjusting the ring time is no longer supported in any market so that capability has since been removed from our systems. I apologize as the standard ring time of 30 seconds cannot be adjusted.

YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
hawk4

Let me add that I do not have 30 seconds of 'standard' ring time.  It rings a couple of times at most before going to voicemail.  

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you actually timed it? 

Sometimes changing the ringtone to something that starts off at a louder volume can help. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

How long would you say your ring time is?  Have you attempted a different ringtone? If so, did any changes occur? -AXP

0 Likes
JJ555

According to my research, this isn't possible for America's most expensive carrier (Verizon) as they had this, but deliberately got rid of this option years ago.  I'm on a family plan but, if it was up to me, I'd be on another carrier by the end of the week.  This is a really big deal in my case:

I'm in IT.  I am at my desk sometimes, and around the building other times, so my phone at work can be "Twinned" so calls ring at my desk phone and forward to my cell at the same time (I answer whichever one I want and the other stops ringing then).  I need my personal voicemail to not pick up the call before my work voicemail.  I also need time to politely and professionally wrap up any other interactions (in person or Teams) while the phone is ringing, so shorter ring times at work aren't a good option.

0 Likes
KH-cathy29811

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, JJ555. We certainly are happy to assist with this in every way that we can with making sure that you are able to answer your calls in a way that works best for you. Can you please share the make and model of the mobile device that you use with Verizon Wireless? -Brett

0 Likes