My iPhone won't send texts to one specific person.
kristie_longo

Today, my phone started to not send texts to one specific person. I have an iPhone 4, and the other person is on the Verizon network with a Droid Incredible 2. They can receive texts from everyone else except or me, and my texts send to everyone except this person. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My iPhone won't send texts to one specific person.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you verified that they didn't accidentally block you?

You are using their full ten digit number when sending them a text message?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kristie_longo

They didn't do anything to accidentally block me. And I tried to send a text using just the number instead of going from my contacts, but that didn't work either. We have never had trouble texting each other until this morning when my texts stopped going through.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Kristie.Longo, that is terrible regarding your messaging issue. I use my text messaging all the time and it would be very perplexing for me if one of the people I was messaging would not get my messages. When did this start happening? Have you ever been able to send messages to this person? Can you send picture messages to this person? Are you using a 3rd party app to send or the stock app? How about your friend, are they using a 3rd party app?

Have you ever reset the network setting on your device? If not here are the steps to do so:

• From the home screen, touch Settings 
  • Tap General 
  • Tap Reset
  • Tap Reset Network Settings

Once the device resets please dial *228 hit send and choose option 1. When the device comes back on try retesting the messaging problem. I am certain that the reset will resolve you issue. I hope this helps. Thanks.

SammuelP_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

kristie_longo

I tried this solution, and it did not work. We have always been able to text before until this weekend. I cannot send picture messages to them, and I am using the stock messenger app.

0 Likes
kimje2

I'm having the same problem with my iPhone...I tried resetting the network settings and deleting the contact, but neither one of those solutions worked.

0 Likes
mcm10

I'm on the phone with Verizon and Verizon is not aware of this issue.  I posted an earlier message and have gotten replies that Atl, Ga, Auburn Alabama & NE Florida is all having problems sending/receiving text messages.

0 Likes
jnmcneel

Check again.  I've had the same problem, but it's now working.  I did reset the network settings, but until now it didn't do anything.

0 Likes
summer182
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issue! Its been ongoing for almost a month. Both Apple and Verizon are unaware and laughed when I told them this. I've tried everything & nothing has worked. This is not acceptable anymore. Does anyone have a solution?

cmthomas4

I have had the exact problem for a week. It randomly started last saturday (Feb 18), and we have never had this problem texting each other before. The first night I called Verizon the guy pretty much laughed at me. The second night the next poor guy spent 30 minutes working on it and it still isn't working. Does anyone have any ideas??

0 Likes