Move from android to iOS
rinconmike1

I currently have a Google Pixel 4XL and moving to the iPhone 12 Pro Max.

What is the best way to make the move?

All my photos are on Google Photos and Dropbox and i deleted from the pixel.

I have no documents to move.

My email, calendar, and contacts are on Office 365 so when I setup the accounts on the iPhone those will all show up.

I do want to move my text messages and call logs and I think I can use Verizon Cloud Backup and Restore for that or use the ios Move App. But I read some bad reviews on that ios move app.

If I use the ios move app, besides messages what else does it move? Does it install any of the apps if available on the apple app store and if it does, does it copy any of the app settings data?

thanks,

Mike

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Move from android to iOS
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to be able to make moving to a new phone an easy process, rinconmike1. We are here to help.

We deeply apologize, but Apple limits what access apps has to their phones. We are very sorry to say, but you will only be able to move your photos to the new iPhone. Text messaging on iPhones has a desiccated app that integrates SMS, MMS and iMessages all in one app, so there is no way to get your text messages loaded to the new phone.

Also, call logs and apps are not able to move either. Most likely you can load the same apps you have on your Google Pixel, but unless those App Developers offer a way to save your settings and progress with those apps on their own server, the apps on the iPhone will not have your information.

We truly wish that there was a way to move all of the information between an Android phone to an Apple phone, but at this time Apple still has not given the access needed for this to be done.

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
rinconmike1

Thanks.  Reading about the Move to iOS app it says

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201196

"Here's what gets transferred: contacts, message history, camera photos and videos, web bookmarks, mail accounts, and calendars. If they're available on both Google Play and the App Store, some of your free apps will also transfer. After the transfer completes, you can download any free apps that were matched from the App Store."

Maybe I will give this a try.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the additional information from Apple directly! This is of great help! Thank you for helping our VZW community. 

0 Likes
rinconmike1

The text messages transferred fine (even with photos in the messages).  It did not transfer any apps.  It did transfer the google account but not the password.  I had issues entering the password so deleted the account and re-added.

I setup everything else manually.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update, rinconmike1. Android phones and Apple phones access 2 completely different application stores. The app's themselves are written completely different from each other. Since you are going from one ecosystem to a completely different one, you will need to manually search for the applications you want to download on the Apple App Store. Does this help clarify things? 

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes