Mobile data usage
estherR1

I was wondering why I got a message about using data (more than once) when I was connected to my home wifi...  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile data usage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi EstherR1, I certainly understand your concern about receiving data warnings while on Wi_Fi. I'm here to help make sure you're set up for success. Most often when you receive alerts over Wi-Fi, your Wi-Fi Assist is still active. This is an exclusive feature to the iPhone that toggles between Wi-Fi and the cellular network to keep your device performing optimally. Here are instructions on how to turn this feature on and off: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206983/ Please let us know if this helps.

MelissaP_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Mobile data usage
mama23dogs
Legend

@estherR1 wrote:

I was wondering why I got a message about using data (more than once) when I was connected to my home wifi...  

Data is not reported live and it can take several hours for data used to post to your account.  So it’s not unusual for data used dur8ng the day, to post in the evening or over night, and therefore prompt data warnings while you are home, on WiFi, and even asleep.  

0 Likes