Lost iphone 6
erodri1212

I lost my new iPhone 6 at a concert friday night. I left and called my number several times, when a woman picked up and said the venue has it and i can pick it up tomorrow. I was relieved. Went to the venue the next day and the box office had no idea where it could be. called it. was off. i tried find my iPhone but it has remained offline for two days now. There has to be a way to track or see where it is in the vicinity without it being on. I have since cancelled the phone but will find my iPhone still work when/if it connects to the internet? and will contacting the police do anything? please help, there has to be some way.

Emily

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lost iphone 6
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

erodri1212,

I am so sorry to hear about the lost phone. I know how if feels when you you lose a phone. I am glad to see that you have already reported the device as lost as we do not want any unexpected charges to show on the bill for services you did not use. In regards to Find My iPhone, if the person that currently has the device turns it on and connects to wifi you will still be able to use Find My iPhone to locate the device. You can definitely report this instance to the police. Did you have insurance on the device? If so, you can contact Asurion at 888-881-2622 to file a claim for a replacement.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Lost iphone 6
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

erodri1212,

I am so sorry to hear about the lost phone. I know how if feels when you you lose a phone. I am glad to see that you have already reported the device as lost as we do not want any unexpected charges to show on the bill for services you did not use. In regards to Find My iPhone, if the person that currently has the device turns it on and connects to wifi you will still be able to use Find My iPhone to locate the device. You can definitely report this instance to the police. Did you have insurance on the device? If so, you can contact Asurion at 888-881-2622 to file a claim for a replacement.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes