Is it possible to set up parental controls without my daughter knowing?
jawtwj

Am I able to control the apps and messaging on our 12 year old daughter's iPhone 5S without her consent or knowing?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Parental control
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jawtwj,

I understand wanting to make sure your daughters device is protected. With the iPhone you can set up restrictions for apps and other things right on the phone. If you go to Settings>General>Restrictions you can set a variety of restrictions. You can also use FamilyBase on here line to restrict here data usage, who she calls or texts, or when she can call or text, along with a variety of other functions. Check out Familybase here... http://vz.to/1HRNJUj

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jawtwj,

I understand wanting to make sure your daughters device is protected. With the iPhone you can set up restrictions for apps and other things right on the phone. If you go to Settings>General>Restrictions you can set a variety of restrictions. You can also use FamilyBase on here line to restrict here data usage, who she calls or texts, or when she can call or text, along with a variety of other functions. Check out Familybase here... http://vz.to/1HRNJUj

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Not entirely.

WIth family sharing and her Apple ID and password, you do have some control, like tracking her phone and seeing her iMessages.  You can also prevent purchase of applications and in app purchases.

IF her apple is on another apple device her iMessages, not SMS, will mirror on the device.

One parent to another...  It is far better she know you intend to intrude, you intend to watch her - for her own safety.  You don't have to say how much.  Invading her privacy will garantee you see things you wish you hadn't.  And if she finds out, she will never trust you again.  Kids are very creative when it comes to getting around their parents.  You don't want to force her in that direction.

my kids have iphones, which I track on my android (app called find my idevice free).  I have removed the door from one kids room as consequence for getting caught and lying about where he was.  I have turned off data at the carrier for a month for going over limit.  I encourage involved parenting, just know consequences go both ways.

good luck.

0 Likes