Is anyone else having problems with their iPhone 5 and LTE connection?
gaboth

Ever since I got my iPhone 5, I've been having issues with LTE connectivity.

I can hardly connect to LTE, and when it does, sometimes it does not even work. I get one to two bars unless I'm literally within sight distance from the tower. Last night I had to disable the LTE toggle on my phone, because when working on LTE it wouldn't even connect to the network.. I've been using the slow 3G for who knows how long. I'm really dissapointed, since the only reason I moved to Verizon is because they have "the largest LTE network in the country".

I honestly don't know for sure if the porblem is the iPhone 5 itself, or if it is Verizon's network.

If someone has any info on this, I'd really appreciate a response.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is anyone else having problems with their iPhone 5 and LTE connection?
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

where are you located? it will allow other users in the area to chime in

is this indoors or outdoors?

how are other lte phones doing in the area?

0 Likes
gaboth

I'm in Miami, I've had people on AT&T's network sitting right next to me and having 5 bars LTE, while I have 2 bars 3G.

It has happened both indoors and outdoors. I've decided to toggle LTE off, and that's the only way I can get a decent 3G signal.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

diff network, you need to check with other people on verizon lte

0 Likes
gaboth

We have five iPhone 5s in my family, and all of them are experiencing the same issues.. So it's either the iphone 5, or it has to be Verizon's network.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

all 5? sounds like a network issue

we all know there are never problem with iphones

have you tried holding it differently? thats what steve said to do on a previous iphone

does it change if you travel?

gaboth

Yeah, iPhones are perfect...

I've tried with and without a case, I've tried to leave it on top of the table, and not even touch it. I honestly do not know anymore. Sometiemes the phone won't even connect to LTE unless I force it toggling airplane mode on and then off... And it has a a bad time locking the signal, bigtime!... I'm even considering selling the phones at full retail price and paying the ETF and going to another network. I've read online that many Verizon iPhone 5 users are experiencing similar issues. Yet it's hard for me to believe that "the largest and most reliable LTE network in the US" is so crappy... Either the iPhone 5 has an issue or Verizon's advertisement is full of baloney.

The only moments when I get decent LTE signal is when a cell tower is within sight distance, and it lasts a couple of minutes, and then drops to 2 bars, or changes to 3G.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

might not be a verizon tower

you can check at cellreception and signalmap

signalmap shows many dead areas in miami

0 Likes
gaboth

I will, I might just go to a Verizon store or to an Apple store and see if they can help me with this issue.

Thanks.

0 Likes
ian_appell

I'm having issues with LTE. My iPhone 5 hasn't connected in a week or so. I work in Manhattan and live in NJ. No matter where i go, where I stand, how many times I power down the phone, or do all the other little tricks - Nothing works. Is this a Verizon issue?

0 Likes