Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Impatient
Softballchick04
Enthusiast

I have an iPhone 5s and last year my parents renewed the contract without knowing about the edge program so

now I'm stuck on a two year contract. I moved to my own line in September and I've been wanting to upgrade but I'm not sure if I can because when moving to my own contract, I brought along the two year contract. Is there a way to get out of the two year contract or avoid paying full retail price for a phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Impatient
SuzyQ
Super User
Super User

There's no real way "out of a contract" - but there are ways to get a new (different) phone for less than retail.  Sites like swappa have some deals, eBay, perhaps a friend that has a spare...  how long until you are out of contract?

It's worth shopping around, as a "contract" deal and upgrade is not always your best option, and buying phones outright seems to be the trend, either full price up front or a payment plan.  Even Google Fi lets you pay off the phone in monthly installments!  But I digress...  you are not going to avoid paying full price unless you go third party (eBay, swappa and the like).  Even in a contract, your line access fee is more, so you pay the same or more over two years anyway.