I still can't make and receive calls
NUWildcats

I still can't make/receive calls in my unit.  I talked to  technical support yesterday (what a disaster).  I keep getting disconnected.  For $100 a month is this phone is a waste of money if I can't use it in my home.  I only can make or receive calls is if I'm pressed against my window.  This just started a month ago.  This is really annoying since I can't get calls from my doorman or anyone else for that matter.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I still can't make and receive calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
NUWildcats lets work through this! What zip code are you in? What type of phone are you using? I see this has only been going on about a month now.What has changed since then? New software or anything on the phone?
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
NUWildcats

iPhone 6 128GB

Zip: 60613

Nothing that I'm aware of has changed since then.

My company issued AT&T iPhone 6 works with no issue (but I can't keep using it for personal use)

I contacted the customer service number but I kept getting disconnected...

Just so you don't ask me the same questions as other service reps did:

1.) Live on the 9th floor of my building and per the building mgmt there are no antennas or remitters on the property.

2.) Construction to my building completed last June and there have been no modifications to the unit.

3.) Only major construction site near me is Wrigley Field, but that has been going on for months and major aspects of the construction were completed  months ago, just small finishing touches are currently going on.... (Plus it is 3 solid blocks away)

4.) My phone has been fully reset and updated.

5.) I can get reception once I'm in the lobby of my unit.

No one so far has been able to help me, its just been a game of constant questions with no answers from Verizon.  If there is no good solution please tell me so I can find a carrier which works in my building. This is taking way too long.  Thanks for your time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
NUWildcats thank you for all the detailed information! I took a look at overage in your area and it really surprises me that there is trouble. We appear to have that area covered like the bases at Wrigley. It sounds like you have given a lot of information here. Let me ask some general trouble shooting questions as well.
Have you reset network settings?
Rebooted your SIM card?
Do you have a case on your phone?
If so, does the signal improve when you remove it?

BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
NUWildcats

This was all checked and done at the Verizon store and told to wait and see what happens... I don't use a case.   I even tested it with my old iPhone 5 which does not work in my unit. I'm 99% sure it is a signal issue, not a handset issue.

0 Likes