I lost the ability to use wifi after the 8.02 update. Is there a way to fix this? I've already tried resetting network. Turned the phone off and on. Nothing is working and now I have to run on just data.
csdwarf

I lost the ability to use wifi after the 8.02 update.  Is there a way to fix this?  I've already tried resetting network.  Turned the phone off and on. Nothing is working and now I have to run on just data.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I lost the ability to use wifi after the 8.02 update. Is there a way to fix this? I've already tried resetting network. Turned the phone off and on. Nothing is working and now I have to run on just data.
BlueOkie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just reset all my settings.  I lost some data but I've got my phone back.  So far I've
set SiRi, WiFi Password, and few other things.  If you have a lot stored on ICloud you may lose that.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I lost the ability to use wifi after the 8.02 update. Is there a way to fix this? I've already tried resetting network. Turned the phone off and on. Nothing is working and now I have to run on just data.
agscali

The same thing happened to me and I have tried going to settings and resetting the network settings.

HOW CAN I FIX THIS? NOW MY DATA IS BEING USED UP Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Re: I lost the ability to use wifi after the 8.02 update.  Is there a way to fix this?  I've already tried resetting network.  Turned the phone off and on. Nothing is working and now I have to run on just data.
Not applicable

http://www.apple.com/support/iPhone

Go there and look at solutions others have done.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Re: I lost the ability to use wifi after the 8.02 update.  Is there a way to fix this?  I've already tried resetting network.  Turned the phone off and on. Nothing is working and now I have to run on just data.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

csdwarf,

So sorry to hear about the trouble with Wi-Fi! Let's get that working the way it should. Could you provide us some more details regarding where this breakdown occurs? Are you having trouble with turning Wi-Fi on or connecting to your Wi-Fi? Are other devices connecting to your Wi-Fi without issue?

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
wrnglr

I am also having the same problem with my phone since updating it to the 8.02. I have done a reset on my phone and router. I have also done all of the other suggestions that I have found on the apple and verizon sites and nothing works. All of our other phones, computers and tablet are able connect to the wifi.

0 Likes
BlueOkie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have similar problem.  It happened just after 8.02 was loaded.  Hope Apple gets this fixed and fast.  SiRi also doesn't work.

0 Likes
hookbill
Enthusiast - Level 2

The problem is user error.  Never give smart phones to dumb people.

0 Likes
BlueOkie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just reset all my settings.  I lost some data but I've got my phone back.  So far I've
set SiRi, WiFi Password, and few other things.  If you have a lot stored on ICloud you may lose that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having issues with your wifi connection wrnglr. I know how important this feature is for you. Try connecting your phone to itunes to check for any updates that may solve this issue. Once you know your phone is updated, remove the wifi connection completely and set it up again. Keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes