How the Heck can you send email to Verizon?!!!
MickG

Is it just me, or have others found an easy way to send a tech support email to Verizon about billing or other issues?  I've used Safari and FireFox and every time I try to get to the page where you can send an email, there is nothing there.  It's like some horrible scam.  Is anyone actually getting through to them?

Please help if you can.

Thanks,

Mick

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How the Heck can you send email to Verizon?!!!
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi MickG,

I know it must be aggravating when you go through the steps to send us an email and then you get to a blank screen.  I can provide the steps to send us an email, as well as offer you my assistance via PM. If you are still having trouble sending an email, feel free to PM me with your name and number and I will be happy to reach out to you. In the meantime, I am providing you the steps on how to get through the screens to send the email. If needed, please try them in their order and let me know where you get the issue. 

Go to http://www.verizonwireless.com

Click Contact Us on the top right

You will see "Get In Touch" section on bottom right

Click "View More" link

On the left side, you will see a box marked "Send an Email"

From the drop-down box, select "I Receive a Monthly Statement" then click the arrow on the right side of the box

Select a topic and a subtopic from the dropdown boxes

Type your Email

Fill out the fields and click SEND

Again, if you have any issues with this, please do not hesitate to send me a PM, as mentioned above. I am sure we can get this worked out for you. 

Thanks and have a good day!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ptmc518
Contributor - Level 3
It works for me everytime
0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

It works fine for me. You might need to check that your browsers are up to date. Also, there might just be compatiability issues with the browsers you use. A quick google search showed that there a lot of complaints posted about sites that don't play well with FireFox. I don't use either browser so perhaps that's why I  haven't had an issue accessing the email portion of the VZW site.

0 Likes
MickG

kaebfly wrote:

It works fine for me. You might need to check that your browsers are up to date. Also, there might just be compatiability issues with the browsers you use. A quick google search showed that there a lot of complaints posted about sites that don't play well with FireFox. I don't use either browser so perhaps that's why I  haven't had an issue accessing the email portion of the VZW site.

Both browsers are up to date.  I'm an Apple Tech and know what I'm doing, but it's just bizarre that I can never get to the actual email form.  Anybody have a URL? 

If all else fails, I guess I'll just have to sit on the phone....  [sigh]

Thanks for any other ideas that might surface here.

cheers,

Mick

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

MickG wrote:

kaebfly wrote:

Both browsers are up to date.  I'm an Apple Tech and know what I'm doing, but it's just bizarre that I can never get to the actual email form.  Anybody have a URL? 

cheers,

Mick

Ok, in no way were you told or was it implied that you didn't know what you were doing on some level. You stated you were having a problem. I and another poster stated that we did not have the problem you mentioned. I suggested things that may be going on...obviously an issue exists if some of us are able to access the email page with no issue and you are not. Pointing out that there are documented issues with FireFox (one of the browsers you stated you used) and various websites is an attempt to help you out. You may be an Apple Tech but that has absolutely nothing to do with you having issues accessing a Verizon website  page and possible issues with the browsers and the site in question (last that I checked isn't an Apple browser). At any rate, try going to the following URL: https://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/contact/email.jsp If that doesn't work for you then perhaps you can find a better solution. Being an Apple Tech as you stated I'm sure you can figure it out without any of my attempts to help you out. Good luck.

0 Likes
MickG

kaebfly wrote:

MickG wrote:

kaebfly wrote:

cheers,

Mick

Ok, in no way were you told or was it implied that you didn't know what you were doing on some level. You stated you were having a problem. I and another poster stated that we did not have the problem you mentioned. I suggested things that may be going on...obviously an issue exists if some of us are able to access the email page with no issue and you are not. Pointing out that there are documented issues with FireFox (one of the browsers you stated you used) and various websites is an attempt to help you out. You may be an Apple Tech but that has absolutely nothing to do with you having issues accessing a Verizon website  page and possible issues with the browsers and the site in question (last that I checked isn't an Apple browser). At any rate, try going to the following URL: https://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/contact/email.jsp If that doesn't work for you then perhaps you can find a better solution. Being an Apple Tech as you stated I'm sure you can figure it out without any of my attempts to help you out. Good luck.

Wow!  How interesting you read all kinds of negative things into my fairly brief reply.  I was just using broad strokes here to let you know that everything was up to date but the site is not kicking out an email form to me in either of the two, up to date browsers I'm using.  As you noted, this has little to do with technical competence and eveything to do with some flaw in the site that puts me in an infinite loop when I try to get a help desk ticket.  You never mentioned which browser you are using, but I'm guessing that it's IE?...  

Anyway, lest you take umbrage again, let me state clearly that I'm just looking for an answer and while "it's not happening to me" is a partial one indeed, it doesn't solve my problem.  The link you posted is exactly where I end up going, but can't get through. That's what's so puzzling to me.

I'm grateful for any replies, but please don't take offense because I'm trying to save us all some time.

Peas and Carrots,

Mick

0 Likes
JoeNe
Contributor - Level 2

When you get to this screen:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/contact/index.jsp

Select the type of accout, for example I select "I receive a monthly statement".  Once I select this there is a little arrow underneath.  Click on this arrow.  This takes you to another screen.  On this screen near the bottom left is a box with a hyper-link to send an email.  

Are you making it this far?  I have successfully sent emails using Safari.  I am currently on 5.1.1.  I sent an email a couple weeks ago and got a reply back so I know it works.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

MickG wrote:

kaebfly wrote:

MickG wrote:

kaebfly wrote:

cheers,

Mick

Wow!  How interesting you read all kinds of negative things into my fairly brief reply.  I was just using broad strokes here to let you know that everything was up to date but the site is not kicking out an email form to me in either of the two, up to date browsers I'm using.  As you noted, this has little to do with technical competence and eveything to do with some flaw in the site that puts me in an infinite loop when I try to get a help desk ticket.  You never mentioned which browser you are using, but I'm guessing that it's IE?...  

Anyway, lest you take umbrage again, let me state clearly that I'm just looking for an answer and while "it's not happening to me" is a partial one indeed, it doesn't solve my problem.  The link you posted is exactly where I end up going, but can't get through. That's what's so puzzling to me.

I'm grateful for any replies, but please don't take offense because I'm trying to save us all some time.

Peas and Carrots,

Mick

The thing that seems to be part of your issue is the browsers you are using and their compatiability with the VZW website. That is why I pointed out the things that I did to begin with. I'm sorry...you responding to possible solutions with " I'm an Apple Tech and know what I'm doing..." came off as if suggesting that you check your browsers and pointing out that a search showed that FireFox has a long list of website compatiability issues was beneath your level of knowledge because you're an Apple Tech and know what you're doing. THAT is what caused the response. You stated that the URL I provided took you to the same place you keep arriving when you try to go to it using the browsers that you are using. The URL works fine for me using IE. Another possible indicator that for whatever reason, the browsers that you are using and the VZW site don't play well together. I stated that I don't use either of the browsers that you listed so I can't troubleshoot those browsers...but perhaps trying a different browser will help you see the form so you can contact VZW as you initially wanted to. If using another browser isn't something you are interested in doing, perhaps doing an internet search about your issue will find fixes for the browsers and site issues...or you might just have to contact VZW via the telephone or go to a store if you can't contact them via the website. Another option you may have is to send a PM to one of the VZW Employees that post on here (you will have to search the forum to try and find one unless there is another way besides looking through the threads to locate one that has posted or doing a search in the search box). Also, I'm not so sure how reliable it might be but you can try going to the VZW Facebook page (if you use FB) and posting a message on there...perhaps whoever runs that page will respond with an alternative way for you to contact someone viz VZW for help. I don't know if providing you with the last email address that I was contacted from a VZW rep will help since I'm not sure if the emails are filtered to specific depts but if you want to try that then just let me know. Otherwise, maybe someone else can chime in and give you some help that you can use.

0 Likes
MickG

kaebfly wrote:

MickG wrote:

kaebfly wrote:

MickG wrote:

kaebfly wrote:

cheers,

Mick

Peas and Carrots,

Mick

The thing that seems to be part of your issue is the browsers you are using and their compatiability with the VZW website. That is why I pointed out the things that I did to begin with. I'm sorry...you responding to possible solutions with " I'm an Apple Tech and know what I'm doing..." came off as if suggesting that you check your browsers and pointing out that a search showed that FireFox has a long list of website compatiability issues was beneath your level of knowledge because you're an Apple Tech and know what you're doing. THAT is what caused the response. You stated that the URL I provided took you to the same place you keep arriving when you try to go to it using the browsers that you are using. The URL works fine for me using IE. Another possible indicator that for whatever reason, the browsers that you are using and the VZW site don't play well together. I stated that I don't use either of the browsers that you listed so I can't troubleshoot those browsers...but perhaps trying a different browser will help you see the form so you can contact VZW as you initially wanted to. If using another browser isn't something you are interested in doing, perhaps doing an internet search about your issue will find fixes for the browsers and site issues...or you might just have to contact VZW via the telephone or go to a store if you can't contact them via the website. Another option you may have is to send a PM to one of the VZW Employees that post on here (you will have to search the forum to try and find one unless there is another way besides looking through the threads to locate one that has posted or doing a search in the search box). Also, I'm not so sure how reliable it might be but you can try going to the VZW Facebook page (if you use FB) and posting a message on there...perhaps whoever runs that page will respond with an alternative way for you to contact someone viz VZW for help. I don't know if providing you with the last email address that I was contacted from a VZW rep will help since I'm not sure if the emails are filtered to specific depts but if you want to try that then just let me know. Otherwise, maybe someone else can chime in and give you some help that you can use.

Thanks for all the help, but unfortunately IE is not available on the Mac platform and Chrome is not fundamentally different from Safari or FireFox.  Verizon must have built their site entirely on IE webkit if the site really doesn't function properly on anything other than IE.  What a shame.  Anyway, that's also why I alluded to being an Apple tech and using the two major browsers that really are available for us.  I'm still not a Chrome fan (too much distrust of Google, I guess), but I know other Mac people who like it.  They're usually much younger.  😉

Anyway, at this point we've both wasted too much of our time with this and I'll just call.  

I think the thing that annoyed me the most about the problem was that it seems like VZW is really trying to make it hard for people to find the page to send an email.  Once you finally find it, you can't get it to work if you're using an Apple computer!  In spite of carrying the highly sought after Apple products, they may have designed an entire website that has significant parts not compatible with open source code on which both of those browsers (Safari & FireFox) are based.  

And they wonder why Steve Jobs went to AT&T first?  😉

cheers,

Mick

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I tried the link in Safari just now and again, it works for me. I think another poster said they were able to get it to work also in Safari. Not sure if that helps any though.

As far as the Steve Jobs comment...wasn't it said that originally Apple approached VZW and for whatever reason they turned the iPhone down? (You really don't have to answer that lol. It's all irrelevant at the end of the day)

0 Likes