How do I receive the 'security code' for Messages+?
Xtcali

I just purchased and activated an iPhone 6s under Verizon, and I can't receive texts from any app except message that comes default with the phone. I've already turned off iMessage in my settings, but still no texts come to message plus. How can I set message plus from Verizon as my default texting app?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't receive 'security code' for Message+.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Xtcali, I use Verizon Message + as my default and I like all the new updates that came with it. In order for you to receive a security code to activate Message +, you will need to have the code to be sent to you via text message. You will need to turn on iMessage and enable “send as sms” so you can receive regular message. Once you receive the security code, you can go ahead and sign into the Message + application. You can then turn off iMessage. Here are more details http://vz.to/1QnPrmf.
ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Can't receive 'security code' for Message+.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Xtcali, I use Verizon Message + as my default and I like all the new updates that came with it. In order for you to receive a security code to activate Message +, you will need to have the code to be sent to you via text message. You will need to turn on iMessage and enable “send as sms” so you can receive regular message. Once you receive the security code, you can go ahead and sign into the Message + application. You can then turn off iMessage. Here are more details http://vz.to/1QnPrmf.
ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes