How do I block text messages from another iphone? Verizon block features does not do this
asebok

How do I block text messages from another iphone? Verizon block features does not do this. Verizon can block the calls but no text messages.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I block text messages from another iphone? Verizon block features does not do this
asebok

Is it possible to put the phone number as an email like 555-555-5555@vtext.com and block it??

0 Likes
Re: How do I block text messages from another iphone? Verizon block features does not do this
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It sounds like the messages are coming through the iMessage instead of text messages. The option to block numbers on Verizon Wireless will block both calls and texts, but not iMessages.

You can change how your iMessage settings to restrict them to only use your phone number and not the AppleID.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
asebok

Thanks I will try that. People were saying the iblacklist but I figured there has to be an easier way

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Asebok, I have some great news for you! The "Call and Message" block feature does allow you to block full 10 digit numbers for incoming text messages.

As @Ann154 eluded to with the iPhone there is a service called iMessage which allows iOS devices to receive messages between them. I have provided the instructions below to stop iMessages from coming through.

1) Settings
2) Messages
3) Toggle iMessage ( off)

This will allow you to receive messages from other iPhones as text messages (SMS). Since message is no longer being sent as an iMessage, we will be able to catch these SMS messages.

0 Likes
msturgis
Contributor - Level 3

Turn off a service completely to make sure messages from one person don't get through - What kind of a crappy suggestion is that?

0 Likes
msturgis
Contributor - Level 3

You can change how your iMessage settings to restrict them to only use your phone number and not the AppleID.

Please explain what would this accomplish and how it will stop the unwanted messages to be delivered through iMessage.

0 Likes
hippiechic1974
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, VZ Customer Service. Your response is extreme.

All a user has to do is delete the person from their contacts, then they can go into Setting-- Notifications-- Messages and at the bottom of this screen they will change their option from Everyone to My Contacts Only under the Show iMessage Alerts From option.

There is no need to disable the feature completely.

msturgis
Contributor - Level 3

I concur that turning off an otherwise quite useful feature cannot be the solution to block one person.

saying that your suggestion does not block a person's message, it just does not alert that's all.

0 Likes