How can I retrieve data from an iPhone with a screen that doesn't work?
DCulp

My iPhone4s was dropped in water while in an Otter Box. Phone quickly retrieved, removed from Otter Box, dried off and placed in sealed container of dry rice for 48+hours. Was unable to power device off and battery died. Phone is now charged, receiving calls, connecting to Bluetooth in car (data visible on car info screen) and allowing calls to be made while connected to Bluetooth in car. However, the iPhone screen is black. Does anyone have experience/suggestions in how to retrieve data from an iPhone with a black screen? Software is available for data recovery online but I have no experience with this. Thanks for any help!

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Black iPhone 4s Screen but Phone is Working - Need to Retrieve Data
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You're welcome DCulp, I'm here for you. Screen and 3rd party recovery software would be upon your discretion. If you would like to review available device replacement options please respond to my direct message. Thank you.
TominqueB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, sounds like you and your phone have been through a lot DCulp. I'm glad you are able to make and receive calls. Let's review options to retrive your data. What type of data are you trying to retrieve and where are you trying to restore it to? Have you ever synced your phone with iTunes to create a backup? Have you ever completed an iCloud backup? If so, we can review options to retrieve your data. Are you aware if you have insurance or eligible for an upgrade? Please share so I may further assist accordingly. Thank you.
TominqueB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DCulp

Thanks for responding. I have synced my phone in the past. No iCloud backup. Unable to connect to iTunes b/c unable to see anything on the screen and iTunes prompts that you must respond on your phone to allow access. Unable to do that. Would replacing the screen help or using recovery data software?

0 Likes
DCulp

Thanks for responding. I have synced my phone in the past. No iCloud backup. Unable to connect to iTunes b/c unable to see anything on the screen and iTunes prompts that you must respond on your phone to allow access. Unable to do that. Would replacing the screen help or using recovery data software?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You're welcome DCulp, I'm here for you. Screen and 3rd party recovery software would be upon your discretion. If you would like to review available device replacement options please respond to my direct message. Thank you.
TominqueB_VZW

0 Likes