Grandfathered in to unlimited data plan, bought an iPhone 6 from a friend today..
nancydoodle

Friend sold me one of his iPhone 6 today. I tried to switch the device over to my current line but its saying I need a new nano sim card. I ordered one free off the Verizon site.. which will take about a week to get here.. which is unacceptable.. I then spoke to customer service and the rep said I can buy one from the store. I stopped by a verizon store today and paid $10 for one.

Now.. I still cannot switch the device.. because there is a current transaction with my line. What can I do to speed this up? I don't want to wait til next week.

If I put the sim card i bought today will it mess anything up?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Grandfathered in to unlimited data plan, bought an iPhone 6 from a friend today..
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The current transaction is the nano SIM card you ordered. You probably wasted $10 by going to a third party retailer and paying for a SIM card that you would have gotten for free from a corporate Verizon Wireless store. The reps at the corporate store would have been able to cancel the SIM card order you had in progress and gotten your SIM card activated.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Grandfathered in to unlimited data plan, bought an iPhone 6 from a friend today..
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The current transaction is the nano SIM card you ordered. You probably wasted $10 by going to a third party retailer and paying for a SIM card that you would have gotten for free from a corporate Verizon Wireless store. The reps at the corporate store would have been able to cancel the SIM card order you had in progress and gotten your SIM card activated.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
nancydoodle

Can I just call Verizon and cancel the nanosim card that is on order?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That should work. I'm not sure if they are open anymore tonight.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi nancydoodle - We want to see you get the phone up and running as quickly as possible! While we can't cancel the SIM order we can work to get the phone working with the SIM you already have. Did you receive the specific error online via http://www.vzw.com/myverizon?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes