Full bars but no data or texts at all
dudestorm

I am repeatedly experiencing a complete lack of connection.  While my iphone XS max shows as having all 4 bars, I can't get a single text to go through, nor can I use any apps that require internet access, including just pulling up a page in Safari.  I have tried EVERYTHING.  I've reset my network settings multiple times, toggled MMS messages and iphone messages, updated to the most recent version of iOS, removed and reinstalled sim card, and NOTHING fixes this.

I am able to get phone calls through, but everything else is not working.  I am highly dependent on my phone for my job, so either this gets fixed or I take my money to ATT.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Full bars but no data or texts at all
dudestorm

And to be proactive, this happens randomly both indoors and outdoors.  I am in a city that normally has good service, but this has been happening for the last month on and off, with the last week or 2 being extremely bad.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dudestorm, ensuring your phone and services are working properly is important to us. We regret to learn of the issues being experienced and welcome the opportunity to assist. You've taken some great steps to troubleshoot the matter thus far and since you've advised that this is a recent issue, we'll be sure to get to the bottom of it. The last thing we'd want is to lose you as a part of our VZW family. What are the two nearest cross streets, city and state where the issue is being experienced? Do you know of other VZW customers having the same issue in that area? Were there any changes to your device before this issue occurred. 

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
dudestorm

5th Street and East Broad in Richmond, VA.  I have asked multiple colleagues and I am the only one experiencing this issue.  This has been an off and on, ongoing issue over the last couple of weeks.  I did update to the latest ios a couple nights ago but that didn't help anything.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dudestorm, I know how vital having a data connection is to you and my goal is to make sure your services are working properly. We can do some troubleshooting to resolve the issue. Let start with checking to make sure Wi-Fi is turned off and Cellular data is turned on. Then power off your phone and restart it. Try to connect to the internet and let us know what happens. 

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes
dudestorm

I have tried all of this a thousand times.  I am now able to confirm that I have multiple colleagues with Verizon who are also not able to even get a text out.  This appears to be localized near 5th Street and East Broad in 23223.  

Based on everyone having the same issue, there is definitely a problem with the tower closest to that intersection.  If this isn't resolved by Friday I'm taking my business to ATT.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your troubleshooting efforts are greatly appreciated. We definitely want to continue working with you in getting this issue resolved. It seems this is an issue only with data? Are you experiencing any problems with calling or receiving calls? Do you happen to have an actual physical address for this trouble location?

ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes
croselle1

over 4 hours plus on the phone to try to resolve this, on my only day off. It is a full time job to get this phone to work I am done... no calls no network no texts even with 4 bars . I am going to have to go to som other provider 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes