Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
From Argentina, need to unlock
cubacenter

Hi, a friend just come from USA and give me as gift his iphone 4 16gb black from verizon. I need to unlock it for using with argeninian carrier.

How u can help me?

Thanks so much, Gaston

>>Personal information removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: From Argentina, need to unlock
rcschnoor
Legend

The Verizon iPhone 4 does not use a sim card and therefore cannot be unlocked to be used by a GSM carrier.

0 Likes
cubacenter

Sorry it's iPhone 4s 16 gb how can I unlock it

0 Likes
Ann154
Super User
Super User

The phone should have been unlocked in the United States when it was still active on a Verizon Wireless line of service. You must be a current Verizon Wireless customer and meet other requirements to qualify for the SIM unlock on Verizon Wireless devices.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cubacenter

Hi sorry about my poor english, maybe i can not say correct meaning. The phone will won't be back at the USA and was gived to me as a gift. I need to unlock so i can use with a country carrier, there is some way to unlock giving the imei? or paying something?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Verizon will not unlock an iPhone 4S for use on a foreign carrier UNLESS it is currently active on a Verizon account.

I assume your friend is a Verizon customer who gave you his iPhone 4S? You should send the phone back to him/her, they can activate it on their account and get it unlocked. He/she can then re-activate their phone back on their account and send the iPhone back to you. You would then be able to use the device on a carrier in your country.

If you are unwilling/unable to do this, your best bet would be to sell the device(on ebay for example) to someone who would be able to use it.

0 Likes