Find My Phone sends verification to lost phone.
BigOttie

Verification code sent to lost phone giving account access to person in possession of my phone. How stupid is that? Find my Phone was not turned on, and the phone was lost. I tried locating it but can not receive verification code. How do I gain access to my Apple Account? Apple keeps sending verification code to the person in possession of my phone! Now I am locked out! To make matters worse, Verizon sends a “2-factor” verification code to my lost phone and now the thief has access to my Verizon account as well! Who is the genius that thought up this security method anyway?

0 Likes
Re: Find My Phone sends verification to lost phone.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Protection of data is at the top of just about everyone's priorities, BigOttie. It is definitely sad to hear that your phone was stolen. Have you reported this and have we suspended the line for you? 

-George

0 Likes
BigOttie

I can not access my Verizon account online for that phone. I have 3 phones on my account and that was the administrator account. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how hard it is to lose a phone. Whenever you are trying to access our account it will send a notification for security purposes. There are a lot of fraudsters out there. I would love to help in any way I can. What were you trying to access online? 

-Amber

0 Likes