Error message when calling out on IPhone 4S
klweeks

When we dial out using our Iphone 4S phones, we get a message that says "Please re-enter the 10 digit number you are calling. Do not press send, *67 or *82 cannot be used to block Caller ID.  This is happening with all 4 of our Iphone 4S's.  I have the Iphone 5S on the same plan and it is not doing this.  Once the message plays you can re-enter the phone number that you are trying to call and the call works.  But its very annoying to have to dial the number twice.  Has anyone ever had this happen?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Error message when calling out on IPhone 4S
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Klweeks,

Oh no! You should be able to dial out without errors! When did this issue start? What zipcode are you in? Try dialing *228 on the iPhone 4S, and choose option 2 to update roaming. Keep me posted.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Klweeks,

Oh no! You should be able to dial out without errors! When did this issue start? What zipcode are you in? Try dialing *228 on the iPhone 4S, and choose option 2 to update roaming. Keep me posted.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
klweeks

This did correct the problem!! :).

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
redryder64
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an iPhone 5s doing this exact same thing… I spent 2 hours on the phone with tech support and went all the way up to a hard reset which I decided wasn't going to help so I declined… I have 47g on my phone and wasn't going to back it up to the cloud! I was in an Extended area and couldn't call out without writing the number down… I tried the *228 as listed above and it pops up a message and says, "This number is not allowed". This not being able to call out is frustrating. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi redryer64 - Let's make sure you are back in business! Are you still getting error when making a regular call? I can confirm that *228 is not compatible with 4G devices. Was there any change in performance after restarting the phone? May I have your zip code to investigate the area for any alerts?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Gabynlopez

Mine is doing the same thing. I'm currently traveling, but have made it to my final destination. I have an iPhone 5, my connection says "extended LTE" and occasionally "extended 1x" & "extended 3/4 G"

I've tried dialing *228, but it will not letting me, giving me a pop up when I try.

Also, the zipcode I'm currently in is 42732.

0 Likes
redryder64
Enthusiast - Level 2

It only does it while in Extended... I went through all this with tech support... All the way up to tier 2 tech support... We determined it wasn't a Verizon tower issue... I've seen other replies that said it had something to do with the controls in Family Base... Any way that could cause problems? And my zip is 74119.

0 Likes
redryder64
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello? Any thoughts?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I completely understand the need of reliable service, Gabynlopez! In review of the coverage area at 42732, it appears that this is a 4G extended area. LTE service is not guaranteed in this area. Since you have a 4G/LTE device, the *228 function will not work.

Lets try this. Go to settings > general > disable LTE. Your device should work with the 3G network in this area.

You may also try settings > general > reset > reset network settings.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
redryder64
Enthusiast - Level 2

Done all of that... None of it worked...

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes