Earlier Upgrade Date??
mrgossett
Enthusiast - Level 3

I plan to upgrade to an iPhone 7 when they are released. My current contract upgrade date is Sept. 16. It seems likely that preorders on the iPhone 7 will probably start around Sept. 9. Is there anything I can do to get my upgrade date moved earlier by one week? I saw a post on another forum where a Verizon user had already had his upgrade eligibility moved to an earlier date. I've been a loyal Verizon user for 6 years.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Earlier Upgrade Date??
rcschnoor
Legend

You wouldn't be able to find out until the pre-orders start. Anything you are told by someone may or may not be valid come the time you are ready to place your order.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You wouldn't be able to find out until the pre-orders start. Anything you are told by someone may or may not be valid come the time you are ready to place your order.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Personally I would just wait the week until you are actually eligible. By then the phone could be released and you could pick it up from the store without waiting for the pre-order to ship.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

rcschnoor
Legend

I see this happen all too often. People place the pre-order and then complain when others are picking up these newly released devices IN STORE before they have received their pre-ordered phones.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

And look the street date is September 16, 2016. That's the same day as the OP is eligible for an upgrade. Yep, I would wait until then if I was so inclined to purchase the latest fruit phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Oops forgot the link. How (and when) to pre-order your iPhone 7 or 7 Plus | iMore

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

Like others have mentioned, I'd just wait until the launch day and then try to pick one up at a local VZW or big box retailer. 

0 Likes