Dictation & Siri microphone not functioning
DennisSibiliaYoung

The microphone for dictation and Siri ceased working this week. I took the phone to a Verizon retailer. They could not fix the issue, and shipped me a replacement phone. The microphone ceased working on the new phone as well, after one day. What is going on? How can I resolve this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dictation & Siri microphone not functioning
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

THat would certainly put a crimp in your phone usage DennisSibiliaYoung.  When you say your microphone isn't working do you mean you are unable to make any calls at all or are you only referring to usage with Siri?
MatthewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DennisSibiliaYoung

The microphone for Siri, dictation and movies does not work. However, the microphone for phone call works fine.

0 Likes
DennisSibiliaYoung

Does anyone at Apple or Verizon have a resolution for this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
DennisSibiliaYoung,

We are dedicated to getting your phone back to normal. What steps have you completed so far? Has there been any recent updates on your phone? What were you doing on the phone before this happened? Not to worry we are still by your side on this. We are here to help.

JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DennisSibiliaYoung

Jasper,

I worked with a Verizon Customer Service Person yesterday (October 13) with no success. The dictation microphone (for working with Siri, doing voice-to-text, and recording audio on movies) still does not work.

We did the following yesterday

Did a “hard restart”

Turned off-then-on the dictation function on the phone

Did a “factory reset”

None of these worked.

I don’t recall doing anything unusual when the dictation microphone failed on this replacement phone one day after I had received it. I had added my contacts to the replacement phone, as well as had added a few applications (Strava, SELCO Credit Union, Garmin Connect).

Dennis Sibilia-Young

sibiliayoung@comcast.net

541 520 9370

0 Likes