Data usage skyrocketing?
Melodyb

My second line all the sudden started using data at rediculous rates. Almost 1GB in 5 days. I only pay for 4 GB and have never gone over. I tried deleting apps and turning off background app refresh, but I don't know what to do.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data usage skyrocketing?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Melodyb,

Let's get your data back under control. Which iPhone do you have? Are you running the current software? Have you used our Data Utilization tool to help see what's using your data? Data Utilization is a free online tool that helps you better understand how your device is using data. It divides your data usage into general categories, and it estimates your data usage in each category. Visit http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/data-utilization-faqs/ for more info.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
edwmikejan

Do you use Snapchat?  That happened to us and we cut back on Snapchat and it really helped.  It uses a ton of data.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Is it possible the phone is not connecting and using wifi?

what apps are using a lot of data?

0 Likes
gcorse

I am in the same boat! My data sky rocketed after I upgraded from IPhone 4 to 6.  I checked the data utilization and it says most of my data is being used by social networking???  The only thing I have is Instagram and I'm not using it any more than I did with my 4.  Hope someone can help!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Remember the 6 has 10x faster internet with LTE than the 3G iphone 4.  That means more will download before you switch and video will come in higher def, also causing more data.  A study showed going from 3G tech to 4G tech, while "doing the same things" uses 2 to 2.5 times more data than before.  This is across carriers and not just Verizon.  You can confirm by stoppinglooking at Instagram for a whole and see if the data use goes down and your social networking data use goes down.