Cannot send picture text from an iPhone 6 to an Android phone, both on Verizon
jmillernj
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cannot exchange picture texts between my iPhone 6 and my son's Android phone, both on the Verizon network, both with data plans, both have MMS enabled. Has anyone found a similar problem and a solution to the issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot send picture text from an iPhone 6 to an Android phone, both on Verizon
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jmillernj,

That is definitely odd and we want to help figure out what might be going on here. Do regular messages work with the device just fine? How long has this been going on? Does this occur with every MMS? Same results with WiFi on and off?

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Cannot send picture text from an iPhone 6 to an Android phone, both on Verizon
jmillernj
Enthusiast - Level 2

My son and I have not ever been able to text photos between his LG Android and my Iphone6 or my wife's IPhone 5, irrespective of whether WiFi is on or only Cellular is available. Interestingly, he can text photos to my other son's  Iphone 6. Note also, in case it has any bearing,  both my wife's and my phones have NJ VZ numbers and both my sons have CA VZ numbers. We were in CA last week and our phones still couldn't exchange texted photos.

0 Likes
jmillernj
Enthusiast - Level 2

PS - no trouble texting a photo to son #2's iPhone.

0 Likes
blackbelt2243
Enthusiast - Level 1

The iPhone would need to make sure it has SMS options activated/ enabled.  I had the same problem when I went to android and could not communicate with family phone IPhone... If the android user used to have an iPhone account.  They will also need to call apple and have them to deactivate their apple account..  Its a pain. But once done they will be able to communicate.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jmillernj, thanks for those details. Here's a 2nd pair of eyes to look into this for you. Did your son recently upgrade from an iPhone to his current LG Android device?

LasinaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jmillernj
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, he never had an IPhone although he does have a Mac and iPad (and of course an Apple ID). But, again, his phone photo texts with my other son's Iphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jmillernj, thanks for those details. Let's make sure that this isn't a memory capacity issue. Delete all unwanted text messages, pictures, and videos from his phone. Power his device off/on and test the picture messaging feature.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
jmillernj
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not a memory problem - while photo texts do not exchange between my iPhones and Android phones (just tried someone else's android with same "not delivered" problem), they do work between my son's android and his brother's iPhone. If anything,the problem may be the iPhones my wife and I have. However, we have no issues sending text Photos to other iPhones or plain text to any phone.  So what prevents us from texting photos to Android phones? And before you ask, we both have ample spare memory on our phones.

0 Likes
jmillernj
Enthusiast - Level 2

PS - or Android phones photo texting to our iPhones.

0 Likes