Cannot access iMessage
Natpitt

I am using an iPhone 6 plus and iOS 8.3. All of a sudden I am unable to send or receive iMessages. When I try to send I get defaulted to regular SMS (green) messages. I have tried turning off and on iMessage and that does not help. When I try to set up iMessage again, it says "activating" but that message never goes away and it never activates. I googled this problem and many others are having it. I tried some of the suggested fixes but none of them worked. I turned the phone off and on (using a soft reset) to no avail. I made sure my cell phone number shows above contacts. I turned off iMessage and I disabled FaceTime and shut down and restarted. I turned iMessage back on and put in my Apple password. It swirled for several minutes and then said "unable to connect. Make sure your wifi connection is working. I checked and it is working.i wondered if I might have the wrong apple password so I tried downloading a new app that I never had and had to enter my password. It was the right password. So I don't know what else to try.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot access iMessage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Natpitt,

We definitely want you to be able to use all the great features on your phone. iMessage would be an Apple service, so we may need to enlist the help of Apple Support for assistance www.apple.com/support/contact/. Other things that we can check would be to ensure that the Apple ID entered in the device would be correct as well as the password. If either pieces of that information may have been changed recently we would want to ensure that is updated on the device.

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes