Can I make a call and surf the internet with my iPhone?
Bern1076
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,  I've been a Apply user for some time and have the fringe of switching away from Verizon when the iPhone 6 comes out.   I currently have a 4 and have been waiting for a larger screen for some time.   Are there any i5 users out that that can help answer this question?  I am really looking for a yes it can or no it still can't kind of response.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I make a call and surf the internet with my iPhone?
Bern1076
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, I finally have my answer to this question.   With my recent purchase I found out that Verizon does allow data and voice at the same time but with a twist.  Verizon only allows data and voice on the LTE bandwidth and not the 3g or lower.  If you are in a area that does not support LTE then you are stuck with Voice only and not both.

For me this is still poor but it is a step in the right direction.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, the iPhone 5s on Verizon Wireless can't talk and surf at the same time because Apple choose not to include the radio hardware for the voice and data to work simultaneously.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Bern1076
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you Ann154 for your reply.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If that answered your question, you can mark the post as the answer so others can benefit from the knowledge.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

You can talk and do WiFi on i5 just not use cell data like other 4G phones on vzw. Maybe the i6 will be capable. Trust me vzw wants you to be able so that you'll use their data

0 Likes
Bern1076
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you tbo27.  If they haven't done it yet I figure they wont do it with any other release.  Seems Verizon is more droid centric they iPhone. 

0 Likes
Bern1076
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, I finally have my answer to this question.   With my recent purchase I found out that Verizon does allow data and voice at the same time but with a twist.  Verizon only allows data and voice on the LTE bandwidth and not the 3g or lower.  If you are in a area that does not support LTE then you are stuck with Voice only and not both.

For me this is still poor but it is a step in the right direction.

0 Likes