CALLS DIRECTLY TO VOICEMAIL
bberger2
Enthusiast - Level 1

All calls to me go directly to VM for the last week.

I have completed all troubleshooting steps including:

turned off do not disturb

turned off call forward

replaced SIM

reset network settings

reset phone

increase ringer volume

turned off silent

removed all blocked numbers

turned off silent unknown calls

toggles LTE on off 

toggled HD on off

etc etc... this must be a Verizon problem, not a phone problem.

Chat hangs up on me.

Voice call to support just connects me to chat.

This is terrible!!!  I use my phone for work exclusively and have missed many calls 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: CALLS DIRECTLY TO VOICEMAIL
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear all of your calls are going straight to voice mail bberger2. I can understand the frustration especially when you need your service for work. We can help with this issue and thanks for providing all the steps you've tried to fix this issue. Are you able to send/receive text and use data when not connected to wifi? Is the software on your device up to date? What is your zipcode where you're having issues so that we can check the area for issues?

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
DrChuckles

My wife’s iPhone SE has the same problem. We recently added her to my Verizon account, bought a new phone, and ported her number from AT&T  First it didn’t work at all. Finally after three calls, two chats, and hours trying I finally got someone who could actually see the problem.  Verizon had submitted the port request to change my number to hers rather than adding a line. Then after they straightened that part out, she can make calls and send/receive texts, but all calls to her number go straight to voicemail. If you leave a message, she gets no voicemail alert and cannot retrieve the message. More hours on chat with tech support has yet to solve it. They just keep telling me to do all the same things again and again that I have already done.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DrChuckles, we want to be sure your wife has a fully working phone. Since you recently ported the phone number, do you know if the old phone is powered off completely? In some cases, this can interfere with newly ported lines. Since the port has been corrected, have you also gone through resetting the network settings? If needed, here's a link to go through resetting the network settings. https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-207110/

StevenM_VZW

0 Likes
kaufcrew
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had this same problem.  New Iphone 11 ProMax.  And now my husband's iphone too!  We have tried everything.  It has been going on for 6 weeks.  Very upsetting to know that loved ones (and work!) cannot reach us if there is a need.  We have tried all the suggestions from Verizon but it still continues. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

6 weeks is way too long for this to have continued. We are always looking for ways to ensure that you get the help that you need. We want to make sure that we get this updated here. You said you've tried steps, what steps have you tried? We don't want you to repeat steps so please share.

0 Likes