Buying iphone 5 from friend
gwestfall07

About a year and a half ago I gave my roommate a Droid X2 for free because I upgraded to a 4g android. He is now due for upgrade and the deal was that I would give him the phone if he gave me his upgrade when the iphone 5 came out. I ordered the phone and it is currently in Memphis and will be delivered by the 21st. I know that I need to activate the line in his name first so he isnt charged full price. Main question I have is to do with the Sim Card. Will I need to get another, or can I call and just have them activate it on my line?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Buying iphone 5 from friend
gwestfall07

Okay, i had heard in previous post that you may have to activate on the orginal line that the phone was ordered on. Once the phone comes Friday, do you think it would be easier to go to a store and have them do the activation or how do I do it over the phone. Actually used to work at Verizon as a sales rep but its been a long time.

0 Likes
gwestfall07

haha i might have to take you up on that.  Is it just *611 or another number to activate it on a different account?

Thanks for being so helpful man.

0 Likes
gwestfall07

Thanks a bunch man.

0 Likes
gwestfall07

Will I need my roommate or account holder with me when I make that call for them to verify that it is okay to switch it over? Sorry to keep asking questions.

0 Likes
gwestfall07

Okay, so all I have to do when I get the phone is call the 800 number from another phone, keep the phone turned off and in box and since Im the account holder on my line I wont have any issues. Ask for activations?

0 Likes