Apple iphone 4S -- battery dips from 60% to 0% in minutes -- ideas, fixes?
jagzn

My Apple iphone 4s seems to have a dud battery -- goes down from 60% to zip very quickly.   Any way of dealing with this short of getting another device which is not exactly free to do.

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Apple iphone 4S -- battery dips from 60% to 0% in minutes -- ideas, fixes?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jagzn,

So sorry to see that your iPhone battery life just isn't lasting anymore. There are 2 probabilities here. One, the phone has a "dud battery" and the hardware would need to be replaced. If that is the case you would want to look at your replacement options.

The other probability is the issue is somehow software related. Given the good hardware track record I would first look at the software. Unless you recall a specific change that occurred around the time the problem began that we can just undo I would restore the device. I would recommend backing up and restoring the device with iTunes. Here are the instructions: http://bit.ly/1n5QDLW . When the restore process is completed, make sure you "Set up as a new iPhone" initially. Add your Apple ID and test out the phone.

If the problem is not resolved after the restore and setting up as new the issue is the hardware. If it is resolved then restore your backup and retest. If the problem then returns it is an application causing your trouble. Selectively uninstall them. Best of luck.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Apple iphone 4S -- battery dips from 60% to 0% in minutes -- ideas, fixes?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jagzn,

So sorry to see that your iPhone battery life just isn't lasting anymore. There are 2 probabilities here. One, the phone has a "dud battery" and the hardware would need to be replaced. If that is the case you would want to look at your replacement options.

The other probability is the issue is somehow software related. Given the good hardware track record I would first look at the software. Unless you recall a specific change that occurred around the time the problem began that we can just undo I would restore the device. I would recommend backing up and restoring the device with iTunes. Here are the instructions: http://bit.ly/1n5QDLW . When the restore process is completed, make sure you "Set up as a new iPhone" initially. Add your Apple ID and test out the phone.

If the problem is not resolved after the restore and setting up as new the issue is the hardware. If it is resolved then restore your backup and retest. If the problem then returns it is an application causing your trouble. Selectively uninstall them. Best of luck.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes