Add used Iphone to basic account.
wingryder

Old school guy here that has a basic phone and basic data plan.   (old govt. plan )    I go over on my minutes but not by much so just pay for them.

I recently got a Ipad with wifi only and pretty impressed with it.  I am thinking of buying a refurbed older model Iphone  and replacing my basic phone with it.   Can I stay on the same "plan" and just add more data minutes or ??    Good and Bad on this idea??

wingryder

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Add used Iphone to basic account.
wingryder

Hello Hello  Is this thing on??

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

This isn't Customer Service, but a peer-to-peer forum.  Not everyone reads every post, and sometimes folks have no reply.  Verizon reps occasionally post, but it's usually days after a post is left so that customers can respond first (and they usually respond to threads marked as questions, and this one isn't).

With that being said, you may be able to swap your basic phone for a smartphone and just add a data plan to your current calling plan, but it depends on your plan.  What do you mean by "old govt. plan"?

0 Likes
wingryder

Your right tikibar1.  I just thought someone might have done something similar.  I was just trying to educate myself before running to the V. Store.  The govt plan is  just a simple low cost plan used for a base every month.   I want to add to it but not lose it.   I do not know how to make my org. post a "question".

Thanks  I will take it up with Verizon.

0 Likes
Not applicable

wingryder wrote:

Your right tikibar1.  I just thought someone might have done something similar.  I was just trying to educate myself before running to the V. Store.  The govt plan is  just a simple low cost plan used for a base every month.   I want to add to it but not lose it.   I do not know how to make my org. post a "question".

Thanks  I will take it up with Verizon.

No you won't be able to keep that plan. these low cost government plans were design to provide people with basic phones and basic phone functions. Not to be using smartphones.

0 Likes
wingryder

Thanks Anonymuss

However this is not a "welfare" plan. .  It was offered to many  community organizations just as volunteer fire departments.  I will just add a new plan.

0 Likes