3rd party iPhone 4
mmillerr46

If I purchase an iPhone 4 from an existing Verizon subscriber can I still get the Equipment Protestion Plan?  Also can I get a service plan without a contract?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 3rd party iPhone 4
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Usually 3rd party retailers have their own protection plans. As well as their own contracts (be VERY careful of this, you often have strict rules to abide by)

You can get a service plan without a contract, but you have to pay full retail price for the iPhone ($600-$700) To get the subsidized price, you will have to sign a contract.

0 Likes
mmillerr46

Like I said the first time...  I'm talking about a new or near new iPhone 4 purchased on Craigslist from a private individual i.e.: "an existing Verizon subscriber" as I wrote in my original post.

I know I'll have to verify that the phone's ID number is OK.  Will I be able to get 'insurance' from Verizon or Apple on the phone or this only available on phones purchased direct or as part of a 2 year contract from Verizon?

Mark

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

you should be able to get the insurance plan, not sure about the apple one

but the 1year warranty typicaly does not transfer

apple products though are different from any other phone.

if you really want to know call customer service and apple service

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

mdram4x4 wrote:

you should be able to get the insurance plan, not sure about the apple one

but the 1year warranty typicaly does not transfer

apple products though are different from any other phone.

if you really want to know call customer service and apple service

I doubt you will be able to get any insurance through Verizon, as this is only available from Verizon within a specified period of time from the (original)purchase of the phone, which I believe is 30 days. It may also only be available to the original purchaser.

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

mmillerr46 wrote:

Like I said the first time...  I'm talking about a new or near new iPhone 4 purchased on Craigslist from a private individual i.e.: "an existing Verizon subscriber" as I wrote in my original post.

I know I'll have to verify that the phone's ID number is OK.  Will I be able to get 'insurance' from Verizon or Apple on the phone or this only available on phones purchased direct or as part of a 2 year contract from Verizon?

Mark

Ha wow. Good luck getting anything done with that attitude.

You're welcome for atleast READING your post, anyway. Sorry I left out a word when I read it. It's cool, though, I have no doubts that you've never made any mistakes in your life.

And no, you can't get any insurance or warranty coverage from Verizon.

Have a good day.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

mmillerr46 wrote:

Mark

Hi Mark,

Please keep in mind that this is a peer to peer forum and questions involving Verizon Wireless policies are better answered by contacting us directly. If you purchase an iPhone 4 from a third party on craiglist as indicated on your post, Verizon Wireless will not be able to insure your phone as insurance is only offered to original purchaser and must be added to account within 30 days of purchase.

If you encounter any manufacturer's warranty issues you will have to contact the manufacturer directly for replacement options.

While our Social Media Team monitors the activity on these forums, we offer more efficient ways to get assistance for account sensitive questions and Verizon Wireless policy concerns.

You can contact us on Twitter @VZWSupport Monday to Friday 7am - 10pm and Saturday 7am - 4pm CST.

You can also call us at 1-800-922-0204 for immediate assistance from 6am to 11pm CST any day of the week including Sunday.

0 Likes