Visual voice mail stopped working on Android 8.1.0
MSPWSNC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the upgrade to Android 8.1.0 on a Moto G5Plus, Visual Voice Mail gives an error 'This app is not supported on this device'.

It was supported on Android 7. What happened? When is Verizon going to have a replacement?
Verizon had to have known that Android 8 was on the way; why were they not prepared with an update or replacement app?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Visual voice mail stopped working on Android 8.1.0
KAO2018

I did an upgrade on same device today and I am having the same problem. When I try to retrieve voice via *86 I get a fast busy signal. I have voicemail and I cannot access it. Would really appreciate a solution.

0 Likes
michelleh_vzw
Verizon Employee

KAO2018, I'm so sorry to hear that you are having trouble with using voicemail on your device! If you go to the play store and search for the voicemail app, are there any updates available?

Thanks,

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
MSPWSNC
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Play Store does not even have a Verizon Wireless voicemail app any

longer. It has been removed from the Play Store. Obviously Verizon is no

longer supporting this feature.

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 7:13 PM michelleh_vzw <forums@verizonwireless.com>

MINS
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is no Visual Voicemail app for Verizon in Play Store? What do we do now? It stopped working after the 8.1.0 update.

0 Likes
MINS
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just talked to a Verizon phone agent who was looking into this and said that for some reason, Visual Voicemail was set for "auto delete" after the OS upgrade. She thought that was strange and was looking into it, then we got cut off. Here's hoping they'll have a fix very soon... [I have Moto G5 Plus.]

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

developer issue, not a verizon problem.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you checked to see if the voicemail was incorporated into the phone dialer application like it is for the Pixel phones?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Read this thread. Solved: Verizon Visual Voice Mail App not supported Moto G5 Plus 8.1 - Lenovo Community

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jenniferl_vzw
Verizon Employee

Mins,

I know how important it is to make sure you are getting able to use your Visual Voicemail feature. The software update is suppose to improve the phone not take away. So let's get down to it.  Here is a link that will show you how to turn on the Visual Voicemail. Turn Basic Visual Voicemail On / Off - Android (Oreo OS) | Verizon Wireless Please let us know if this resolved the issue. I look forward to hearing from you.

JenniferL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes