New Prepaid Jet Pack plans
STEVEL720

i currently have a post paid unlimited plan with 2 phones and 1 jet pack.  I’d like to switch totally from post paid to prepaid to take advantage of the new jet pack unlimited plan. How do I do that?

thanks. Steve

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Prepaid Jet Pack plans
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you wanting just to move the Jetpack to a prepaid account or all the lines to a prepaid account?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
STEVEL720

I currently have the Beyond Unlimited plan and will be traveling in an rv. I need to be able to telecommute for work. I don’t think the 15 GB limit at LTE speed is enough, and the phones have that 22 GB cap. If the jet pack had a true unlimited plan with no cap (just prioritization) I would be more confident in being able to telecommute for work. With an unlimited jet pack having Either the 3 or 8 GB prepaid for both phones should be sufficient. Ann, are you a Vz rep? I’m retired military (already have discount) and also worked for Vz IT in Tampa for 16 years. Please let me know if it’s even possible to switch from postpaid to prepaid to take advantage of this unlimited jet pack plan. I wish a true unlimited plan would be available with my current plan, as that would be the best option.

thanks.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, I'm not an employee of Verizon Wireless. This is primarily a peer to peer public community forum and not a direct link to Customer Service. There are some VZW reps that roam this community, but there is no guarantee that they will respond to a specific question. Also they are geared towards the postpaid account side and will often direct prepaid questions to the prepaid customer service number at 1.888.294.6804.

Whatever plan you switch to, be sure to read and understand the terms of the plan and adjust your expectations accordingly. Also you should be aware prepaid lines are prioritized behind the postpaid lines. It might be better to keep your phone lines on a postpaid account and switch only your Jetpack to a prepaid account or a tiered data only plan. To work on the road with cellular data only for the internet connection could be a lot more data than you think. You should also consider using Wi-Fi hotspot at businesses to download the computer updates instead of the cellular data connection.

Also switching to prepaid, could separate each of your lines into their own separate prepaid account and paid for each month individually.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
STEVEL720

Thanks so much for

your input and suggestion Ann. For now I think I’ll stick with my current plan. I’ve tested using my Vz jet pack and use about 500 mb per 8 hours work. So 15 GB should be enough. I also just got a AT&T mifi and am using a third party unlimited plan that is not supposed to have caps or throttling which will

be our main source of internet for streaming. It will also be used for work in areas where Vz service is not available, which I don’t think will happen very often. Again, thanks for your input!

0 Likes