MiFi getting messages for previous owner??
ATLPanther

I just got a brand new MiFi 7730L from Verizon.  Every day I get a text message from Suntrust on the MiFi saying what my bank balance is.  I suspect its because my mifi phone number was probably used  by someone else and they ended service and so when Verizon assigned the number to my MiFi the bank kept on sending messages.  All I have to do to end the daily message is to reply "STOP" but I can't figure out how to do that.  Can someone help?  Note that the message does not carry forward to my outlook app on my laptop.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MiFi getting messages for previous owner??
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

One option to stop all text messages from being received by the device is to call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your Verizon phone and request they remove the text message feature from that line.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: MiFi getting messages for previous owner??
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

One option to stop all text messages from being received by the device is to call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your Verizon phone and request they remove the text message feature from that line.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes