Only 2 bars in the city of Charlottesville VA?
SherryB07
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've traveled all over the country with my phone and my hometown of Charlottesville Virginia 22903 has the absolute weakest signal of nearly anywhere I have been and that's mostly in the boonies which is why I have Verizon.   How can it be that I am in a town with a major university and my signal is so poor??    Who can explain this to me or do something about it??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Only 2 bars in the city of Charlottesville VA?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SherryB07, seeing that this is your hometown, I can absolutely see how a weakened signal would leave you puzzled. I am here to uncover the root cause of your service concerns. Please shed light on what service (call, text, or data) is being the most impacted. Is the issue happening indoor or outdoor? Please provide me details on if any other Verizon users or users on your account are impacted in the same way.

Akane_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SherryB07
Enthusiast - Level 1

Two bars is the best I get. Sometimes only 1. The 4G send/receive indicators also come and go. This is on a Galaxy S5. Indoors and outdoors. Data is most affected but phone calls as well. I’ve given up texting. Happens to my husband as well. Hope that helps. Where in the world is the tower?

Sherry

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let’s get your service restored SherryB07.  A private message has been sent to assist you further.

Sean_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ktrailz
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is 2023 amd Verizon  signal here is still  terrible...problems talking/hearing others during call ...say  they can hear me fine.

Only a bar or 2 , bad signal...they want to fix the phone but phone is good, works great in Richmond...full bars 5G no problem talking / hearing there anyhow...at my home and Charlottesville is always bad, everyone that has Verizon here says the same..same problems

Tags (1)
0 Likes