MiFi 7730L 3A Firmware update... HOW TO STOP THE AUTOMATIC PROCESS OF DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL OF THE UPDATE.
ROBMIL3617
Enthusiast - Level 1

vzw_customer_support I have an issue with the 3A Firmware update for my MiFi 7730L and need advice. I did not ask for the update to be installed. Around the 1st of July 2018, It happened on its own. After the update, I have absolutely NO SERVICE at all. I troubleshot the device as well. and with no success. So I actually bought another brand new 7730L. It came with Version 1 firmware.

I Installed my SIM in it and it worked perfectly. Then within 15 minutes, a message once again popped up with "a new firmware version is available. Install now, or later?" I said later and was then told at the next power cycle it would automatically update. And it did just that. So I am now updated to version 2. As soon as the update was complete, I yanked out the battery to STOP THE UPDATE TO "VERSION 3A" FROM AUTOMATICALLY HAPPENING? I  do NOT want version 3A on the new device! I am afraid that version 3A will cause me to loose service once again and that would cause me to loose the $$$ I spent on the 2nd unit.

vzw_customer_support ... PLEASE PROVIDE ME ANY INSTRUCTIONS TO STOP THE AUTOMATIC DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL OF THE UPDATE.

0 Likes
Re: MiFi 7730L 3A Firmware update... HOW TO STOP THE AUTOMATIC PROCESS OF DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL OF THE UPDATE.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ROBMIL3617

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your MiFi. We do so much via the internet these days; I understand your concern in this matter. Updates are meant to improve the service not hinder them. Sadly if an update is pending, interrupting that update can impact your service negatively. If there is an update pending, you will not be able to stop that. My best recommendation would be to let the update complete itself. If there are issues once completed reach back out to us then, and we will go from there.

Edward_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Re: MiFi 7730L 3A Firmware update... HOW TO STOP THE AUTOMATIC PROCESS OF DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL OF THE UPDATE.
ROBMIL3617
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks Edward vzw_customer_support I think you misunderstood my post a bit. Please take a moment to read over the original again. You'll notice I NEVER INTERRUPTED the update. My 1st MiFi was destroyed by the update . After it completely updated, I can no longer get a signal . Because of this, I had to buy a new MiFi. After it finished it's 1st update from ver1 to ver2 I removed the battery before it could download ver 3A. to prevent the update from ruining my new device. ALL updates that started were allowed to complete.

So ok...PLEASE HELP.... lets get my 1st device working. I need your help. Please help me.

Thank you in advance for your service and support in helping me get the 1st device working .

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Thanks for the info.  It sounds like a firmware update related failure.  VZW is going to have to provide you with an alternative model unless they have a patch on the way for your current model.  As long as you have existing support on your 7730L this shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Give VZW a call, stop into a store or try the Chat feature. This is the best and most direct way to work with VZW support.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@ROBMIL3617 We apologize for any confusion our last post might have caused. Having your data is important and we want to make sure you have no problems with your MiFi device. There is no way to stop a pending update on a MiFi device, so the best course of action would be to perform the software update and get back to us if the issue continues. We're not showing an alert for the particular device and the most current update, so this is definitely not a widespread issue.

Jesus_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ROBMIL3617
Enthusiast - Level 1

vzw_customer_support​  The update has completed. I have a circle with a line through it. I cannot get signal/service.  ALSO... After taking the 3A update, my device constantly re-boots at random times for no known reason.

0 Likes