Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 9,012 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Backberry Z30 Screen Will Locked Up
kiptex1

From time to time the screen on the Blackberry Z30 will locked up - can't swipe or anything.  The only way I have been able to resolve it is by draining the battery and restart the phone.  Is there a better way to do this? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Backberry Z30 Screen Will Locked Up
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kiptex1, We understand the importance of having a working device, let's take a look at what is going on. Is your device on the latest software update? Are you able to browse the internet or use your apps successfully?

0 Likes
kiptex1

Mysteriously I received an update after‎ none for years. The update did help. Now I'm able to view the browser without it crashing. But the phone did locked up the next day. No functions at all. I had to drained the battery completely in order to do a hard reset. Why is that? Also why I can not turn off the phone? Understandably no apps work anymore. The key is be able to access my work email, calendar, notes and messages.

Please advise.

Randall

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand needing some assistance with this issue, kiptex1. Other then a Factory Reset what have you tried to correct this issue? I would like a little more information before giving advise on this subject. 

CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
kiptex1

How do you do a factory reset? The only reset the phone will allow me to do is wait until the battery drains and then restart the phone. I’ve tried to power off the phone and holding the side key at the same time. Finally the phone will not power off.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a great question, Kiptex1. Before you do so, I would recommend backing up your device if possible, either from a cloud or Blackberry link. Here is how to restore your Blackberry to Factory settings:

Launch BlackBerry Link.
From the Windows desktop, click Start > All Programs > BlackBerry > BlackBerry Link. Using your USB cable, connect the BlackBerry 10 smartphone to the computer. Click the device tab (located in the lower-left; to the right of the computer tab).
The name of the tab will vary depending upon the name of the device.
If presented, enter the device password. Click Settings ( gear icon located in the upper-right). Click Restore Device Data(located on the left; below 'Backup Now'). Click Restore to factory settings(located in the upper-right). Click Restore (located at the bottom).
Do not disconnect the BlackBerry 10 smartphone from the computer until the restore process has completed.

0 Likes