Elipses 8 memory usage
POSAM84

On my Elipses 8, how do I designate downloads such as pictures , videos etc.to go to external, rather than internal storage?

0 Likes
Re: Elipses 8 memory usage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure you can keep your content right where you want it. To clarify, are you seeking to store the mentioned content to the SD card by default or to move internally stored content to the SD card?

0 Likes
POSAM84

I am wanting to set it so what ever I want to go to SD Card, goes to SD Card, so it does not eat up the miniscule (sp) amount of internal memory.  That's why I put in as big of SD Card as the Elipses would allow, so I could download/view stuff (pictures, videos, music, etc.)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

POSAM84,

That certainly makes sense. I want to make sure you can store your files where you need to and get the most out of your device. The steps to save files to your SD card though will vary from app to app and whether this is even allowed will depend on the app you're using. The best way to find if an app will allow this is to go into the settings within that app. From there search for any options for storage or downloads and see if you can set a default save location.

Because some apps won't give this option a file manager could be a big help for you. If you go into the Play Store and search for a file manager, you'll find many well reviewed options you can download. These apps allow you to move files around within your phone and SD card so even for apps that don't provide this option you can download them to your phone and then transfer them to the card.

Andrew_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes