1 2 Previous Next 11 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2018 12:15 PM by Jobbymjohnson

Phishing call 800-331-0500

KMS2007

Hi -

I just got two consecutive calls from 800-331-0500 (or at least that's what the caller ID said) indicating that my Verizon account has been suspended, and I should press 1 for something (I wasn't listening carefully) or 2 for customer service. Since I received the call on my supposedly suspended phone, I hung up, and they left a voice mail that was identical to the call the second time. I googled the number, which provided several results indicating it's an AT&T Customer Service number. I suspect it's a phishing call but thought it prudent to raise it here, particularly since I voluntarily suspended my son's phone yesterday for disciplinary reasons. Has anyone else gotten this call?

Thanks and kind regards,

Kate

• 1. Re: Phishing call 800-331-0500
          Jim89434

Yes, we just got the same call, which is how I found this thread.  Our account is current and paid, and we are able to place and receive calls, so I wouldn’t worry about it.

• 2. Re: Phishing call 800-331-0500
            PRETTYKITTY056

Hi I just got this same call at 10:56 pm which I find very frustrating for a 1800 number to be calling this late at night it caught my voicemail though and I only got half of the automation. My boyfriend asked what that was about and 2 minutes later his phone rang and it was the exact same 1800 number calling him. Very strange and we dont even share the same phone bill account. Definitely a scam though.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Phishing call 800-331-0500
              Verizon Wireless Customer Support

We understand how those calls can be concerning PRETTYKITTY056. We do have options available. You can block specific phone numbers using one of these options http://vz.to/1SOUCNf . We also have Caller Name ID http://vz.to/2x8nyvF which provides the ability to report and block numbers.

RashadM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

• 4. Re: Phishing call 800-331-0500
                VivNYC

Just received a call from this number saying my AT&T account has been suspended.  I don't have an AT&T account though just in case I went through the prompts in case my work AT&T account was connect to my cell (highly doubtful).  The prompts then asked for the last 4 digits of my social security number which I didn't, I typed in a fake then it asked me to type in my AT&T account number, put in another fake number.  It then said all agents are busy and someone will call me back in 30 min, then hung up. This is absolutely a scam!  I hope Verizon is reading this and will report/ take necessary action.

• 5. Re: Phishing call 800-331-0500

VivNYC,

Receiving unwanted calls is definitely something that no one wants to experience at all. It is a very good thing that you did not input your real information as we don't want your personal details to be compromised. Did you receive a call from the same number listed in this thread or was it a different number?

CandiceH_VZW
                  Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
                  If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

• 6. Re: Phishing call 800-331-0500
                    NoobNoob

I got exactly the same call, but it was from 1-800-789-0872

• 7. Re: Phishing call 800-331-0500
                      JaimeC12

I also just received a call from 8003310500, which said I was selected to receive a $100 reward for being an AT&T customer for over 24 months.  I am definitely NOT and AT&T customer and haven't been for YEARS!  I just hung up and didn't go any further into the call.  After reading the above posts about the information they were requesting, I am glad I just hung up.  So scary!

• 8. Re: Phishing call 800-331-0500
                        timewilltell

Hi. I got the same call only the call supposedly came from my number???

• 9. Re: Phishing call 800-331-0500

We certainly want to keep your account secure as I know the importance of maintaining your privacy, timewilltell. I can assure you we would never call you from a line that would make the system show your number. These calls are fraudulent and I would not suggest answering. Visit http://www.vzw.com/callernameid to learn more about the service we offer to help you easily identify robocalls.

Yale_VZW
                          Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
                          If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

1 2 Previous Next