what is the best windows phone out there for verizon
magjr

I have a GREAT windows phone...HTC 1M8...LOVE IT...BUT, I cannot upgrade it to windows 10...

I am therefore looking for a WINDOWS 10 phone for Verizon..

None of the Verizon stores actually carry ANY windows phone anymore, and the uneducated staff doesn't, won't or CAN'T answer any question about windows phones.."well theres this iPhone (JUNK) or this Android (JUNK)"

so MY QUESTION is...What is the top of the line Windows 10 phone that can be used on Verizon???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: what is the best windows phone out there for verizon
OutlawFirebird1
Enthusiast - Level 3

there isn't one really.  you could get the icon, and do an insider preview.  but there is not a top of the line windows 10 mobile phone  any where really., and there won't be.  if you haven't heard the windows mobile is no longer a focus at Microsoft.  current windows phone will get patches, but no new features will be added.  this also means no new phones will be released. I recommend going over to windows central for further input and info.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

As of this moment, there are no Windows mobile devices available for Verizon Wireless customers.

The last one was the Lumia 735.

Microsoft, as a part of its retrenchment strategy, gutted it's group of CDMA coders with the intent of restricting new devices to GSM carriers.

It has been reported that HP has created a variant of the Elite X3 that is able to be brought onto the Verizon Wireless network. The phone was supposedly certified and targeted to be released for sale this month.

Since then, there have been articles posted confirming what many followers of Windows already knew. Windows 10 Mobile has been closed to development and is only getting bug fixes. Both Microsoft and HP said that they will support Windows 10 Mobile/Elite X3 through 2019.

By then, Microsoft is expected to have its new OS...Andromeda...out along with the new hardware that will be required to run it. Existing Windows Mobile devices will not be able to run Andromeda.

If the Elite X3 does come to Verizon Wireless, check it out and determine if it meets your needs...with the understanding that active support is scheduled to end in two years.

0 Likes
magjr

Ok...but what about the 928, and previous models..

I want 2gb ram and 32gb storage...

And microSd slot...

Windows 10 preferable or at least upgradable to Win 10...

any suggestions

0 Likes
OutlawFirebird1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I wouldn't get any current windows phone that is currently available.  no one really knows if Microsoft will or when they will release a new phone, even on a new OS.  its hard to take them seriously anymore.  I have an icon, great phone.  but its time to move on.  maybe Microsoft will get it together someday.

0 Likes
magjr

So keep my HTC 1M8 Windows phone 8.1 ??

I REALLY need Windows 10 phone...

Is the Icon Win 10 ??

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

magjr wrote:

So keep my HTC 1M8 Windows phone 8.1 ??

I REALLY need Windows 10 phone...

Is the Icon Win 10 ??

It can be. Microsoft Lumia Icon Software Update | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
OutlawFirebird1
Enthusiast - Level 3

yes through the insider preview.  It did not ship with windows 10 mobile.  mine is currently on 10.  it is a 4 year old phone. it does not have expandable memory.   mine sometimes preforms like it should, other times it force closes itself.

0 Likes
magjr

My HTC force closes itself also...

Think that's a software issue rather than hardware...

So that is a 32g phone??

0 Likes
ADABAN6

I am on my 4th Nokia735 (make sure you get the Verizon version).

I have been saying any day now for the last 2 years...

Surface Phone: Modular design confirmed for new Windows Phone

0 Likes