Being bombarded by 302-528- numbers
KELZY43

I am being bombarded by calls from 302-528-xxxx.  They come multiple times per day and always the last four numbers are different. I have blocked so many numbers that I have lost count.   I am truly at my wits end. My son's Verizon cell number was recently cloned and used for nefarious reasons, causing him to receive some really nasty calls and to have to obtain a new number after many years. 

Are these 528 numbers also cloned?  Isn't there anything Verizon can do to stop this madness?  This has been going on for months! Some of the recent numbers are:

302-528-41**

302-528-53**

302-528-25**

302-528-18**

302-528-72**

302-528-21**

302-528-40**

Thank you.

message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Being bombarded by 302-528- numbers
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

My "block list" has grown a lot too, KELZY43, so I know what you mean. These kinds of calls annoy me as well. It would be great to have an option to block the calls on a larger scale, and I know changing phone numbers is not always an easy option. You can consider an app which would allow a more broad block (such as, "all 302-528 numbers". We have many block options, too. See this page: http://spr.ly/65868avfa Does this help explain the options we have available?

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bklyn53
Enthusiast - Level 2

We are experiencing the same problem with a barrage of calls from one specific area code and exchange.

The response posted simply directs customers to the option to block 5 calls temporarily for free or to pay for a plan to temporarily block up to 20 calls. 

This does not solve the problem at all.  Verizon need to offer a better solution, or recommend specific apps to assist their customers.  We'll keep checking back for a better answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Verizon does not recommend any 3rd party apps as they cannot control what those apps may do.

That being said, if you are using an iPhone Nomorobo offers a paid subscription to block robocallers in the app store for their app. The android version is still in beta testing but you can install that beta version on your phone and it may alleviate some of your problems.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Receiving all those unsolicited calls can be upsetting so I understand how you feel bklyn53.

There are many apps out there that can be used to change the way the number appears when calling. Many companies use this to disguise or change their number. This makes it difficult for us to block these type of calls.

What are the calls in regard? Are they coming from the same person or company?

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes