Extremely slow data on 4GLTE
alarm1376

I am getting extremely slow connectivity over my Verizon 4GLTE connection. I used to get 1-2 Mbps speed on my 3G modem/plan. I switched to a 4G modem/plan for higher speed, and am now I'm getting an average of 50 Kbps speeds. This applies to all websites, not just streaming sites. I have 3 bars of signal on my U620L USB modem, and the signal strength consistently reads -99 dBi to -102 dBi.  My connection is in zip code 80449.  I have two other devices on that are on a corporate Verizon account (Samsung Galaxy S6 and Pantech MHS291LVW Jetpack) which show similar signal strength, and I get similarly terrible connection speeds. I'm not on an unlimited plan, and I never use all my data. I need to get back to higher data speeds or I will have to switch carriers.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Extremely slow data on 4GLTE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I don't blame you for feeling disappointed by slow speeds, alarm1376. If I was in your shoes, I would too want to do all that can be done to maintain the consistency of a working device.

From your post, I can tell you’ve been a customer of ours for many years, and we thank you for this. Nobody here wants to see you leave.

Let's look into this straight away for you by honing in a bit more on the area. What is a nearby landmark, say a business or nearby cross streets to where this experience is happening?

How long has this been going on with the U620L?

DavidH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MKITCHE
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unusable data plan - same issue.  One half of one Mbps speed for ALL internet access no matter the type.  Double checked the data plan and I'm at zero usage (i.e. it reset last night).  My co-workers have the same problem; and I just spoke to a vendor that came in from Chicago and he has the same problem in Chicago and here.  This seems to be affecting very many people.  This severely affects my work - I'm hot-spotted for my personal devices all day; that's why I pay such a premium for my devices and unlimited data.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MMKITCHE -

I am sorry to learn about the data issues you're having. We're always disappointed to learn when several of our customers are impacted by the same area. What zip code is this happening in? Does the issue follow you outside? Any issues with calls or texts?

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MKITCHE
Enthusiast - Level 2

Checked speed many times throughout the day; it was acceptable once.  Too slow to do anything but email and low content websites.  Went to lunch with several coworkers and checked speed across town - same issue for all of us (that have Verizon).  The "other vendor" had 20 times faster speeds (20-30 Mbps compared to our .5-1 Mbps).  It's as if we've all been throttled under 3G and worse.  All of use have unlimited 4G LTE data plans - and have had them for a long time.  Checked multiple devices; with and without hotspot; reset LTE on all of them; flushed caches; powered on and off.  Spent over a half hour with Verizon support then had to go to a meeting w/o the ability to do anything from my laptop due to unusable hotspot (I don't pay for unlimited data for viewing videos I use it for work... if it doesn't work I have no choice but to get an alternative).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are not giving up, MKITCHE. We will need to gather a few pieces of information in order to better assist. What zip code are you located in? When did you first notice this issue beginning?

ChrisM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
alarm1376

I am in a rural area. Closest landmark is Eleven Mile Reservoir. The slow data speeds have been occurring since I switched to a 4g plan. Its not an issue with the device (U620L), as the problem exists on all devices I try, as well as on devices of friends that visit here. I agree with MMKITCH response, it appears you are throttling the data speeds in this area. Please just "flip the switch" and give me the data rates I'm paying for!

0 Likes