why does my wi-fi say broadband
llmyers1022

when I chose my Verizon settings on my computer using my jet-pak my chose for Verizon came up.  now when I go in to chose, a box above the choice says Broadband.  is there a difference and why does that show up now when it never did before?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: why does my wi-fi say broadband
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Compare the network name from the Control Panel of the Jetpack with whatever you are seeing on the PC.  If they do not match then do not connect to that network.  To rule out any shenanigans I would perform a reset of the Jetpack and then update the WiFi password to something custom.  You shouldn't connect to any networks you are not confident are correct.

For more advice try taking a screenshot or take a picture of the "choices" you are referring to with a phone.  Attach the image to this thread so we can review and confirm what you are looking at.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: why does my wi-fi say broadband
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Compare the network name from the Control Panel of the Jetpack with whatever you are seeing on the PC.  If they do not match then do not connect to that network.  To rule out any shenanigans I would perform a reset of the Jetpack and then update the WiFi password to something custom.  You shouldn't connect to any networks you are not confident are correct.

For more advice try taking a screenshot or take a picture of the "choices" you are referring to with a phone.  Attach the image to this thread so we can review and confirm what you are looking at.

0 Likes